Shop in Chicago burbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know of any good and trustworthy suspension shops in the Chicago burbs? Particularly in the Lombard/Villa Park area (or northwest of there).

I normally handle these things myself, but the truck developed a nasty noise over the last day or two. I'm in a pinch for time with work and leaving town on Friday morning, so I don't have time to poke around. I figured I would check here for recommendations before having to submit to a chain shop.

There is a Goodyear Tire shop on Army Trail Rd in Carol Stream, which isn't to far from the area you mentioned. There's a guy there named Bruce who does very good work and is good with price. I haven't been there in a while but last I heard he ended buying the shop from the owner. Might want to call ahead to see if Bruce still works there. Not sure of his name, he's the Korean guy that can't remember people's names but ha photographic memory when it comes to the year, color, make, model and engine size you have.

Is that the one that is at Army Trail Rd and County Farm? I actually live in Bloomingdale but train it to the city from Villa Park M-F for work (don't ask me why, lol).

Yeah believe that's the one. Haven't been there for a while so things might have changed but if you can confirm that Bruce works there then you'll get good work done. If you know what's wrong with the vehicle then Bruce is good at providing accurate quotes over the phone, at least was when I use to call. He's got some photographic memory when it comes to cars, so he knows most make/model common problems.

Use to do a similar commute, I feel your pain. Hehe.

In case you can't find anything else, there is Suburban Tire in Glen Ellyn on North Ave. They're a small local chain, as you know. They were the first shop that I dealt with that did not scratch up my rims when installing new tires. Hopefully they do suspension work with the same attention to detail, but a lot of it depends on the tech that ends up working on your vehicle of course, so YMMV.

When I worked in Lombard I took all my work vehicles to:

Bill's Auto Center
330 S Main St
Lombard, IL 60148

He's an older gentleman. Very straight forward and honest. I wouldn't hesitate to have him service my personal vehicles.

Originally Posted By: dja4260
When I worked in Lombard I took all my work vehicles to:

Bill's Auto Center
330 S Main St
Lombard, IL 60148

He's an older gentleman. Very straight forward and honest. I wouldn't hesitate to have him service my personal vehicles.

I saw this place the other day on my drive home. I may have to check him out.

Thank you gentlemen for your input!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back