aFe Power ProGuard D2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a racing filter with solid construction for abuse. It is good for its intended application but not the best for removing dirt from your oil. The Fram Ultra is 99 % efficient at 20 microns and 80%@20 microns.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Looks like a racing filter with solid construction for abuse. It is good for its intended application but not the best for removing dirt from your oil. The Fram Ultra is 99 % efficient at 20 microns and 80%@20 microns.

One of the graphics on the linked page shows about 99% efficiency at 20 microns and 80% at 8 microns. Seems pretty good to me.

Originally Posted By: NMBurb02
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis

One of the graphics on the linked page shows about 99% efficiency at 20 microns and 80% at 8 microns. Seems pretty good to me.

I was just thinking the same after looking at that. Seems (at least according to that graph) to be just as efficient as anything else. Price isn't bad either for a high end filter.

Originally Posted By: Izb
Afe 44LF018 (analog KN-1004) doesn't have relief valve ... Why?

If it's for a GM V8 type of application, then it will not have a bypass valve because it's built into the engine block instead.

But AFE recommends 44LF018 for Subaru BRZ, Subaru Forester 2011 instead of Subaru filter 15208aa130.
And Subaru engine FA/FB doesn't have bypass valve in block.

Originally Posted By: Izb
But AFE recommends 44LF018 for Subaru BRZ, Subaru Forester 2011 instead of Subaru filter 15208aa130.
And Subaru engine FA/FB doesn't have bypass valve in block.

Guess I'd be questioning if AFE knows what they are specifying then - they could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back