HF Go thru/Pass Thru Socket Set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at the HF pass thru sockets:
Combo Go-Thru Socket Set - SAE & Metric 21 Pc

Wondering if there is a good source for adding additional sizes to this set? I didn't see any options while at HF but typically I have to walk past stuff a couple of times in store before I realize I missed it.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: 99Saturn

Wondering if there is a good source for adding additional sizes to this set? I didn't see any options while at HF but typically I have to walk past stuff a couple of times in store before I realize I missed it.
smile.gif

Hey, neat! I may get a set for myself.

Wayne

Originally Posted By: 99Saturn

smile.gif

I bought this set a few years ago. When I went to use the one of the metric sockets it wouldn't fit into the wrench. Since I live in Canada, I probably wouldn't have been back to HF until a year later, so I doubt they would let me return it. I ended up using my dremel to reduce the size of the socket so it would fit. So much for quality control.

Besides that one issue, the set works ok.

Regards, JC.

I had it and returned it. If you know me, you know I have no qualms about HF products. But compared to the Gearwrench version, this is pretty subpar. I was able to get great deal on similar Gearwrench kit couple years ago.

Anyone know the model number(s) on the Gearwrench sets they have?

I only need something for occasional use (a couple of times a year at most).

Probably a dumb question, I need a pass-through ratchet to use those pass-through sockets ? If I don't have and don't like to buy a pass-through ratchet can I use any pass-through socket with any other tool ? I have few pass-through sockets for free from Sears.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Probably a dumb question, I need a pass-through ratchet to use those pass-through sockets ? If I don't have and don't like to buy a pass-through ratchet can I use any pass-through socket with any other tool ? I have few pass-through sockets for free from Sears.

Yep you need a pass through ratchet.

Thanks.

I had some credit and didn't know what to buy so I bought some to use up the almost expired credit. When I received it I didn't know how to use it, the standard ratchet didn't work and I thought that may be a pair of pliers may work.

Last edited:
I use the Gearwrench set myself, but a plus to the HF version is that you can use any 3/4 or 19mm ratcheting wrench on the sockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back