Improving reverse lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi:
I drive a 2012 Tahoe at work, in narrow, dark areas. I clicked on your link but had some questions.
a. have you purchased from them?
b. bulb shows both 50w and 60w, depending on place in web.
c. I can't get Tahoe to come up, but I think 3157? not T-10.
D. Can I assume 60w is close to oem but the 9-1100 lumens is much higher?
e. if useable I will buy and maybe use just 1 on right, as it is a big deal at work if even a small dent. I think 1 screw in side from open rear hatch to pull assembly out?
f. $16.95 is an ok range if reliable and fits / works / improves.
Thanks.

I have purchased from ebay and amazon.
I don't make any recommendations on where you can purchase them. Research the sellers feedback.
Multiple sellers have the same products.

I will warn that these LED bulbs run hot and are not for continuous usage. A minute or two to back out of the driveway or parking spot is what they work best for.

921 vs new vs older fancy brand
14kfdxw.jpg

The wattage of the LED bulbs is the equivalent halogen/incandescent output. It's a comparative lighting watt, and not watts consumed.

I have not tested the other socket sizes like 3157, but almost every bulb is available using the Cree xbd LED and should easily trump the reverse stock bulbs.

I had a similar problem on a Dodge Dakota that I put deep tint on the windows. Couldn't see squat when backing up. I ended up going to Wal-Mart and buying some clear driving lights and mounted them to the rear bumper. I think they were less than 30 bucks. Instead of wiring them to the reverse light circuit, I wired it to a switch I mounted on the dash. This let me use the lights without actually having to be in reverse. They lasted the 3 years that I kept the truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back