Penrite Racing PDS now gives Boron, Moly, Ca etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
The boron is actually more shocking (and welcome) than the ZDDP, and I wish more oil companies used large ppm quantities of it like this Ozzie stuff does!
thumbsup2.gif

It is usually at 60-80 ppm (at MOST) in most oils that contain ANY at all.
frown.gif

Talking to their tech people the other day, they still recommend that these oils can be used on the street for regular OCIs...

has got me wondering for the extra $30 per OCI whether it's better to chase the AW adds, versus the diesel type adds in my Nissan which has only really seen PCMO oils for it's life anyway.

Also suggested (by them) was that the racing oils could be blended to get desired viscosity. (Not with their other "brands"...)

Well the 5w60 is a preferred choice for performance Alfa Romeo models that spec 10w60 (Penrite recommend 10w70). If there was ever a problem running this in a road car I'm sure I would of heard about it. Most owners run a very short OCI thinking it's better

10w40 synthetic is spec for my Fiat and Racing 10 is cheaper than most other synthetics out there so I'm keen to try it next time. I contacted Penrite and they actually recommended Racing first up but of course in the 15w50 grade.

I guess Caterham would recommend cutting some 0w50 with the 0w20 to make a 0w40 which would be better I guess but is there any point really.

Quote:
That's so much higher than other formulations. When does it become too much?

I have seen double that. I'm not sure who is too say when it becomes too much. i would say 2000ppm is enough though.

To the OP, did I miss where they discussed Moly levels/ I didn't see anything about Moly?

Looks like Oz was one of the first to get 0W16 oils.

Penrite Racing 0

was always on the thin side of 20, but with the new J300 6.7 cst puts it in the 16 category.

Heard today that the HTHS of the racing 20 is (was August 2013) 2.5, which makes it a 16 as well.

For info, the
5W30 HTHS is/was 3.34
10W40 HTHS is/was 4.49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back