Low Fuel... serious questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
The owners manual tells you reserve capacity in the tank. Have you ever even opened the manual, let alone read it? If you did, you would have the answer.

You should also know roughly what MPGs you get by calculating it every tank. And you should be observant to know how many miles you've gone since the light went on, and be able to know fairly comfortably what you have left.

Don't run on high concentrations of seafoam. Heck, I don't think seafoam is worth running on at all. But if you must, add it in at the gas station, before pumping the gas.

I've read the owners manual for all our vehicles, thank you very much... thing is, I just happen to be a college student with way too much stuff on my mind to remember such a small detail as that.

And, to your second part - I still have the dang window sticker that says 17mpg hwy, but, I have a K&N CAI that may have possibly raised it to 18mpg. And I know it obviously varies with each time you drive depending on many factors. I figured I had enough gas to get me back to school, but I guess being a bit heavy footed on the hwy/interstate may have taken more gas than I could have prevented it from doing.

But, dude... idc. It's a truck for goodness sake. Besides, I was hauling all my stuff I needed for moving in, so that's added weight.

Chill. Everyone has times where they have too much on their minds and forget to calculate if they have enough gas.

I made it here just fine, so could you please stick with answering the questions I asked in the OP?

Thanks.

what questions do you have left?
if it's been asked and answered then
/end thread

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: raytseng
what questions do you have left?
if it's been asked and answered then
/end thread

Originally Posted By: Triton_330

3. I have a can of Seafoam... (yeah, this is gonna sound like a bad/dumb question)... but, if I put it in now and went directly to Thorton's to fill up my gas tank, would that hurt my truck?

Thus - NOT end thread!

I answered as well as JHZR2.

1) The seafoam can potentially damage your truck if you dump it in, from being too high a concentration and be worse than doing nothing at all. Why you would want to do that rather than what they say on the bottle to put it in at the gas station? I looked it up for you, it says to use 1oz with each gallon of gas.

2) Getting any gas even if you don't like the station or gas quality is better than running your gas very low or to empty. That can also potentially damage your truck if you run it dry (but you probably have some reserve)

Last edited:
Thanks.

Sorry for any rudeness/condescension I may have seem to have used.

I just got moved back into my dorm at college, and, well, my stress levels were pretty dang high. Alot of commotion, etc., what-with having had to get all my stuff unpacked/get forgotten groceries/as well as the fact that, honestly, I'm already homesick.

So, again, I sincerely apologize for that.

---

I ended up pouring about a third to a half of the can in my tank before I went to Thorton's, and I think I just did it subconsciously in hope that it might help clean up the fuel system. I drove straight there - like I said ~4 miles - and then filled up with gas (and then poured the rest of the can in).

On the drive back to campus it seemed to run a little smoother (but, then again, it could just be placebo butt-dyno effect). Anywho, thanks everyone.

I'm just glad I had enough gas to make it there, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back