Anybody else feel guilty after flooring it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went out tonight and decided to have a little fun on the way, pushed my right foot to the floor and let her rev up to redline...its fun, and hard to resist sometimes. To be honest I only let it warm up for about 5 minutes of 45 MPH before I did it though, I know, bad! But I always feel guilty afterwards, like I did permanent damage or something =/ Anybody else feel this way after revving your ride up?

uh... no.

if you feel guilty about flooring it you either need real worries/problems in life

or you have a POC car and need a better one.

Last edited:
Yes. I drove my daughter's van tonight which has much more power and pick up than the ever faithful "Bluesmobile." Like you, I "got on it" at the light. Also like you, I felt really bad afterward wondering how many miles I have shaved off the life of the vehicle. But it was fun . . . for a moment.

Nope. Gas pedal goes all the way to the floor for a reason!
19.gif

Originally Posted By: GreeCguy
Yes. I drove my daughter's van tonight which has much more power and pick up than the ever faithful "Bluesmobile." Like you, I "got on it" at the light. Also like you, I felt really bad afterward wondering how many miles I have shaved off the life of the vehicle. But it was fun . . . for a moment.

Ok I am not crazy, or maybe I am and so are you 0.0

Sorry, I have to ask...what kind of van?

As much as I love to care for my cars, they are machines for my use; I control them, and they work for me, not the other way around.

Still, flooring can be quite wasteful, so it's more a matter of feeling sorry for lightening my pocket for no practical reason. I do try to limit the use of wot to a fully warm condition, but more as a best practice than any element of feeling bad about it..

Originally Posted By: david_ES2
I floor it all day long, if anything youre doing the car a favor

I wouldnt feel so bad if I had let it warm up more, I just couldnt resist.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Went out tonight and decided to have a little fun on the way, pushed my right foot to the floor and let her rev up to redline...its fun, and hard to resist sometimes. To be honest I only let it warm up for about 5 minutes of 45 MPH before I did it though, I know, bad! But I always feel guilty afterwards, like I did permanent damage or something =/ Anybody else feel this way after revving your ride up?

No guilt here.
But then again, I always make sure mine's fully warmed up.

You've got to clear their throat from time to time, and show them who's boss.

Ok I am not crazy, or maybe I am and so are you 0.0

Welcome to my world
smile.gif

I wouldnt feel so bad if I had let it warm up more, I just couldnt resist.

Florida in the middle of Summer.... 5 minutes was probably warm enough already.

First world problems.
smile.gif

Sorry, I have to ask...what kind of van?

2004 Kia Sedona - no, not the fastest on the planet, but then you've never driven the "Bluesmobile" (1993 Ford Taurus GL).

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
Nope. Gas pedal goes all the way to the floor for a reason!
19.gif

Haha right on!
cheers3.gif

I have previously owned several post rental cars that i bought at 27-30k miles. I'm sure the rental guys never warmed them up , and i'm sure they romped on them cold. The all lasted well over 150k miles with out issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back