Super high mileage cars - highest you've seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: rjundi
My father in law had 1980's Ford F150 with manual transmission 4x4 extra cab with 735,000 miles on it when sold rusting apart. He said it was on a 2nd motor as he picked up for free and had engine replaced at 400k.

At a job site a well running 1986 Accord got destroyed by a construction worker who improperly attached a clevis hitch trailer to a ball hitch using chains. The compressor broke loose and demolished it. It had 525,000 miles. The owner was quite happy as insurance company did not take into consideration mileage just age.

My dad had a 1987 F250 302 4 speed that had > 250000 miles on it when he got rid of it because of rust. The poor truck was always severely overloaded with tools. Had the original clutch, though!

750k miles on the original engine in an Econoline van with a 7.3 diesel. 450k miles original engine and transmission on a 96 F150 5.8.

I had a '66 Chevy Bel-Air go 309K...it had a 250 straight 6 and a Power Glide 2 speed tranny...the engine was still going strong when the tranny took a dump...

We had a 2000 model year Nissan Pathfinder, 4x4, 4.0L 5spd go over 300K miles in the family. Some toasted exhaust valves eventually did it in.

I remember as a teen seeing a older diesel Mercedes with 450k. That was late 80's. Apparently there were a lot of them that went 750k+.

I've seen lots of ford, chevy, and dodge pick ups with 350k plus. Work trucks gotta run. Things get fixed and the trucks back on the road.

Some interesting reads there
smile.gif

I plan on running my car for as long as possible but its always good to know what to go for or avoid when the time comes to replace it

Back in the day my neighbor went to Germany and bought a diesel Mercedes. It had about 650,000 when he sold it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back