2011 Buick Regal 2.4 NA, 4200 mi., AC Delco 5W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm amazed -- I only mailed this sample on Monday! Have a look:

[img:center][/img]

They say my sample approximates to oil they've seen go 6300 miles. So I guess 5000-5500 might not be out of the question!

I'd run this change to 55,000 miles, change the oil, and then change it on the 0's and 5's... 60,000, 65,000, 70,000...

Makes it easy to remember. It's exactly what I do on the Town and Country.

What was the OLM at when you drained it at 4200 miles... or did you just take a sample?

What oil did you use? 5k isn't a ton of miles on oils.

I typically go 5k on anything conventional. Iv just recently got a care that doesn't leak so I can't speak for synthetics.

Anyways most my family gos 6-7k on conventional (I personally wouldn't do it) but I guess its cheaper to do extended and just use 1/4th bottle of flush every other change to help keep it clean.

The oil was the dealer-supplied AC Delco dexos1 semi-synth -- the 1st of the 4 CPO changes that came with the car. The OLM was at about 40%. After everything I've read here about DI engines and fuel dilution, I was a little worried, but it looks like I didn't need to be. Perhaps I can stay with a dexos1 semi-synth for 5K intervals. And maybe a Fram Ultra filter, changed every other OC?

This OCI included a 2000-mile highway run out to Amarillo, TX, and back, so this wasn't my usual driving pattern. Then again, that trip was in late May, back when the oil was fresh; it's had about 2200 miles of my usual 70% city driving since then.

As for the sodium issue Blackstone mentions, I don't really know what oils the previous owner used. The car had a dealer change before I bought it, and this change was the first on my watch. The car has the same oil in it now, after my 2nd CPO change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back