Young guys with beards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better a young guy with a beard than some middle aged guy with his briefs above his pants.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
Originally Posted By: 02SE
I just think it's odd that anyone would spend so much time and energy worrying about the grooming habits of others.

The only time I care about such a thing, is if I find myself downwind of someone that REALLY needs to take a shower. Then it's a simple matter of putting some distance between them and myself.

Time and energy? Do you really think that the OP takes more than a second or two to notice a shaggy beard on a young person? That's really not much time. We all notice things and make comments on them. To some those things are too trivial to even comment on....while for others, it's the little things in life that tend to bug them.
It's just being human.....it's not odd at all.

Based on his comment that it "aggravates him to no end", and the fact that he started a thread about it, it seems fairly apparent that he spends more then a second or two worrying about it.

That seems odd to me. Also a bit unhealthy for his own psychological well being.

I'm just grateful I have better things to do with my time, besides worry about the grooming habits of others. On that note, I'm done wasting my time on this thread.

I used to enjoy having a short beard and long sideburns...until they turned mostly white.

I also used to enjoy having hair where my forehead is now, and not in my ears.

If anything, I am envious of the kids with the great beards.

Try to imagine they cover scars from military service, or defending their family, or rescuing damsels in distress. Feel better?

Facial hair on women is interesting. I don't know if it is a medical condition or runs in families. When I was a kid, the older Italian immigrant families seemed to always have a moustachioed matriarch. Don't see it much any more. To bad. Cuts out a good pickup opening. "Looking good babe. I use Clubman mustache wax. How about you?"

Its a hipster thing, beards were out for a long time now they are back in, as are craft beers!

For awhile having facial hair was a good way to take a pay cut in the boardroom, now not so much.

Their is a growing trend now among under 30's to imitate their grandparents generation, ie the Greatest Generation. So pre war stuff is back in style.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back