Havoline conventional

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Walmart has Havoline conventional for $13.24 for 5 quarts... Making it only 50 cents more than supertech. I can't find a current pds that specifies Wss-m29c-929 that my car recommends though. I've heard great things about Havoline, and this stuff is dirt cheap. Any harm in using it? How important is this ford spec as most conventional gf5 oils meet it?

Last edited:
Unless you have a warranty to worry about, I'd use it with confidence. I personally think that Chevron and Havoline conventional are amongst the best conventional oils. They're right up there with PYB and some of the other great conventionals.

Awesome, thanks guys...I've considered Supertech syn but it's $18...the same as the major blends. $4.75 isn't gonna break the bank but I'm just weighing my options vs cost

Originally Posted By: CHARLIEBRONSON21
Fords run on anything really...

Fords run on anything, Honda's are easy on oil... blanket statements don't really help anybody.

I have used synthetic PCMO once in the last 9 years including both of my Fords. Your 4.0 Mustang will be well protected with Havoline.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
I have used synthetic PCMO once in the last 9 years including both of my Fords. Your 4.0 Mustang will be well protected with Havoline.

+1

WSS-M2C946A should be the superceding spec. This spec is listed on the Havoline PDS.

Originally Posted By: jayg
Originally Posted By: CHARLIEBRONSON21
Fords run on anything really...

Fords run on anything, Honda's are easy on oil... blanket statements don't really help anybody.

Honda's are not all easy on oil but the statement was meant to be a reassuring one, that whatever goes in it from a fresh selection will be fine.

I always thought Havoline was the premium Chevron product and better than just regular Chevron oil. Read that somewhere - probably on BITOG.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bigt61
I always thought Havoline was the premium Chevron product and better than just regular Chevron oil. Read that somewhere - probably on BITOG.

I'm 99% sure that Havoline and Chevron Supreme are the same oil, relabeled. At least, that's the way it was a few years ago.

I think the difference between Havoline and Chevron seems to be based in regional marketing rather than actual physical distinctions between the products. Western states tend to get Chevron-labeled products (including Chevron gas stations), and eastern states tend to get Havoline-labeled products, except for Chevron Delo HDEOs. You see Chevron gas stations here in the east every now and then, but they're not very prolific at all.

OP, yes you can Hav-your-oline and run it according to the OLM too.

Havoline was once subject to worship on this board, many years back- similar to PYB is today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back