2007 Acura RDX loaded AWD 95K for $13000

Status
Not open for further replies.
My advice to him has been:- wait and then eventually buy Accord Sport so that eventually his future kid would be able to learn to drive it on it :)

$13k for that vehicle is a bit much. Granted it's likely a hoot to drive, as long as the fuel bill is manageable!

The price is consistent with comparable vehicles. What's crazy is that similar year/mileage CR-Vs are pretty much the same price.

Originally Posted By: strat81
The price is consistent with comparable vehicles. What's crazy is that similar year/mileage CR-Vs are pretty much the same price.

Agreed which makes CRV a wonderful buy brand new. With these current used car prices a highly discounted brand new car seems to be a far better buy IMHO.

Originally Posted By: rjundi

Agreed which makes CRV a wonderful buy brand new. With these current used car prices a highly discounted brand new car seems to be a far better buy IMHO.

That's exactly why we ended up with a new Toyota minivan and not a used one. Used ones were apparently made of gold. Combine that with rebates, lease deals, 0% financing, and a full warranty on new ones and it's crazy not to get the new one.

My in-laws are experiencing the same thing looking at used Toyota pickups and SUVs.

I believe the used cars are being priced now as if every new car has at least 200K miles of life or more! Obviously, only we BITOGERs can extract that much out of a new car and average life for the rest of them should be lot less. The used cars should have been priced accordingly. But they are not.

Used cars are priced high because their was not enough new cars made during the recession to meet demand.

The new Mazda 6 is a really good looking car especially in black that he could probably get for less than $10k more....and it will have 95k less miles and be 0 years old with a full new car warranty, and close to 0% financing.

Pro: It's an SUV if that's your preference
Cons: Rides hard, Eats Gas, has 95K miles, requires synthetic engine oil, turbo lat, turbo heat, engine stress.
Otherwise, price seems close to Edmunds estimates for Boston MA. http://www.edmunds.com/acura/rdx/2007/tmv-appraise-results.html
Customized True Market Value® Prices
-----------------Trade-In ------Private Party ------Dealer Retail
National Base Price --- $11,244 --- $12,550 --- $14,022
Optional Equipment $0 $0 $0
Color Adjustment - White $91 $102 $114
Regional Adjustment - for Zip Code 02108 $2 $2 $2
Mileage Adjustment - 95,000 miles $0 $0 $0
Condition Adjustment - Clean $0 $0 $0
Total---------- --- $11,337 -----$12,654 ---- $14,138

Last edited:
We have one, it's [censored] on gas. My 3.5L 6 cylinder TL is more efficient than the RDX.

It's quick, it drives well and corners exceptionally well for an SUV.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
13k for a 7 year old vehicle? sorry, its not a unicorn.

This is what 7 year old vehicles with roughly 100k miles go for right now.

Originally Posted By: Mau
It's quick, it drives well and corners exceptionally well for an SUV.

That's it; this is really such a specialized vehicle that it's hard to compare with others. Note, I said "specialized", not "special". It's no better or worse than anything else, but vastly different. A shopper looking at Equinoxes or Escapes, for example, would have no interest in an RDX...just as an RDX shopper would have no interest in an Equinox or an Escape (save, possibly, for a new turbo 'Scape).

The old RDX is so quirky, so scrappy, so...niche-ified, that it's not really comparable to other vehicles of a similar size.

The Honda-of-old fan of me LIKES the old RDX, and kind of laments Acura's toning-down of the new model.

Lowest price w/100k miles in my state, Utah, 15k. Super nice 49k miles for 18k.

I would think long and hard about a turbo honda automatic awd that they stopped making. Your price doesn't seem bad at all, but but the risk of expensive repairs is definitely there.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Lmao, some of the stuff you say.

Perhaps you were thinking of HTO-06 instead.

Originally Posted By: Ram01
Go for it nice vehicle and the motor should be spotless since it requires Mobil 1

To be fair, it does say Mobil 1 on the oil cap.

Indeed it does. It does allow the use of Mobil 1's "equivalent", though. I suspect that the owner's manual requires something like "Mobil 1 or any oil that meets HTO-06".

36949d1187020472-first-oil-change-acurastable07-053.jpg

We have an 08 tech with just over 100K miles. It hasn't been in for any unscheduled repairs so far. I just did the first brake job at the beginning of this summer. I really don't see any issue pushing ours another 100k. It still feels strong.

I usually get about 21 city and 26 mpg highway. admittedly I drive my vehicles pretty lightly, but I do still commute down town daily in rush hour traffic.

The ride is definitely a bit harsh, and there is definitely lag, or at least a feeling of lag. The turbo can come on quite strongly even at mid throttle. You do get used to it, and I find it quite easy to manage.

It also seems to chew through tires quite quickly. Usually around 40,000 the tires are close to being gone. It requires v-rated tires as well, so they aren't cheap, which is also likely why they don't last long.

I won't comment on the vehicle price since it varies so much from place to place. It's definitely been reliable, fun, and a quick little vehicle.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Indeed it does. It does allow the use of Mobil 1's "equivalent", though. I suspect that the owner's manual requires something like "Mobil 1 or any oil that meets HTO-06".

36949d1187020472-first-oil-change-acurastable07-053.jpg

Last time I checked, only Mobil and Pennzoil made an oil that met the spec.

Quaker State Ultimate Durability also meets HTO-06 (yes, Quaker State is part of the Pennzoil umbrella). I have always wondered how close HTO-06 is to dexos1. I've never seen a performance specification for HTO-06, and likely never will.

Quaker State Ultimate Durability also meets HTO-06 (yes, Quaker State is part of the Pennzoil umbrella). I have always wondered how close HTO-06 is to dexos1. I've never seen a performance specification for HTO-06, and likely never will.

I'm sure any decent synthetic would meet the spec. Since there were so few turbo RDX's built, its just not worth the time and money for a company to go through and spend the time and money required to get approval.

I think they built around 120,000 of these total, so if you take away the cars that get serviced at the dealer and use Mobil 1, and take away all the people that just use Mobil 1 because it mentions it in the manual or on the gas cap, take away the number that have been wrecked or destroyed, then you're probably fighting for your share of a market which may include 25000 vehicles? Why even bother?

Quaker State Ultimate Durability also meets HTO-06 (yes, Quaker State is part of the Pennzoil umbrella).

I had no idea. Thanks for the info.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Is this a fair price (on East Coast)?s.

I didn't see the miles but they trade at the dealer only auction for very consistant prices based on miles

08/19/14 PHILLY Regular $14,600 44,594 Above BLACK 4GT A Yes
08/01/14 PA Regular $16,000 45,151 Above Gray 4GT A Yes
08/13/14 MILWAUKE Regular $14,300 59,548 Above WHITE 4GT A Yes
08/12/14 OHIO Regular $10,800 84,702 Avg GREY 4GT A Yes
08/13/14 NJ Regular $11,900 85,450 Avg GREY 4GT A Yes
08/14/14 SO CAL Regular $14,500 86,111 Above GRAY 4GT A No
08/06/14 MILWAUKE Regular $10,800 90,585 Avg GRAY 4GT A Yes
08/14/14 ATLANTA Regular $10,200 91,192 Avg SILVER 4GT A Yes
08/06/14 SF BAY Regular $11,500 102,029 Avg GRAY 4GT A Yes
08/12/14 PA Regular $10,825 113,095 Avg BLUE 4GT N Yes
08/22/14 FT LAUD Regular $9,800 118,326 Avg GRAY 4GT A Yes
07/29/14 NYMETSKY Regular $9,000 127,370 Avg Charcoal 4CY A Yes
08/13/14 MINNEAP Regular $10,000 136,196 Avg RED 4GT A Yes
08/06/14 NJ Regular $8,100 138,399 Avg GRAY9 4GT A Yes
08/07/14 ST PETE Regular $7,500 157,545 Below GREY 4GT A Yes

I usually though out any freak numbers because sometimes dealers bring in a retail customer

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back