What are effective ways to reduce emissions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nebroch
Cut down your consumption of everything, used $$$$ translates to used energy.

Scania's trick:
http://www.greencarcongress.com/2014/07/20140701-scania.html

Why is GreenCar Congress so impressed with this? There have been long doubles and short triples running the Indiana Toll Road for as long as I can remember.

Let them ask Doug Hillary about Australian road trains.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: RachelMeyer
What are some of the most effective ways your company’s found to reduce your emissions?

Are these estimates realistic? How have anti-idling regulations affected your business?

What are some of your heat-related engine failure horror stories?

Based on this info, efficient engines are by far the most important keys to fuel efficiency. What are some of the fuel economy improvements you’ve made to your engine?

Why do your posts come across as a marketing survey? What business do you work for and are you paying BITOG for use of their member's information?

Oh and the best way to save the environment, is to kill yourself. Simply existing is depleting resources.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: leeharvey418
Originally Posted By: surfstar
Why do your posts come across as a marketing survey?

Perhaps because she works in Marketing for Chevron.

That's what her profile says, anyway...

Haha, nice. I haven't seen any offer of free oil, so I'm wondering why BITOGers have been so accommodating.

Originally Posted By: jk_636
Global warming and the "dangers of C02" are just scams...just popular political/science fads with weak, if any, supporting evidence. There are SO many more pollutents that could be dealt with that would make a MUCH larger difference in the health of the planet.

But, if you want to make a difference in CO2 emissions, just Plant more trees. Biology 101. Trees take in CO2 and sunlight and make O2 for us to enjoy. Problem solved!
thumbsup2.gif

Global warming is not a scam, and there exists mountains of empirical evidence proving that it is happening.

But don't bother looking for that evidence, because people like you are never ever swayed by valid proof because you always believe what you want to believe. You hate inconvenient proof.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lovcom
Originally Posted By: jk_636
Global warming and the "dangers of C02" are just scams...just popular political/science fads with weak, if any, supporting evidence. There are SO many more pollutents that could be dealt with that would make a MUCH larger difference in the health of the planet.

But, if you want to make a difference in CO2 emissions, just Plant more trees. Biology 101. Trees take in CO2 and sunlight and make O2 for us to enjoy. Problem solved!
thumbsup2.gif

Global warming is not a scam, and there exists mountains of empirical evidence proving that it is happening.

But don't bother looking for that evidence, because people like you are never ever swayed by valid proof because you always believe what you want to believe. You hate inconvenient proof.

Is that so? Who are "people like me?" Those that believe based on facts, evidence and results? The only inconvenient truth is that there are no mountains of irrefutable proof nor empirical evidence. There are only a series of irrational postulates coupled with a deficit of quantifiable supportive data. Calm down Al Gore, without CO2 life on this planet stops. As I stated earlier, Biology 101. I am more worried about the most serious threat to our nation today...Manbearpig. Im super cereal....
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
Ride your bike instead of using your car.

If you mean bicycle, expect worn out knees at 40,000 miles. That's how long mine lasted.

I don't know if anybody has told you or not but welcome to bobistheoilguy.com! We used to welcome every new person here but the website has changed somewhat since we have so many members.

I don't own a company but I have no problem with LNG being used more in cars and trucks, and for that matter in locomotives, ships, etc. Engines run much cleaner and the USA has a lot of natural gas. There is reduced pollution with natural gas.

There are various problems that need to be solved before there can be widespread use of natural gas in vehicles.

Originally Posted By: lovcom
people like you are never ever swayed by valid proof because you always believe what you want to believe. You hate inconvenient proof.

No, what we dislike is baloney. Especially baloney that is full of crony capitalism. People are making millions off the taxpayers because of folks just like you who mindlessly repeat the talking points instead of researching the issue thoroughly and learning the real facts.

You hate dissent. Better get used to it, because folks are well onto this scam...

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
While I am a supporter of renewable energy this just rubs me wrong.

According to my poor memory this is how Tesla makes most of their profits. They sell their tax credits to other companies...

Last edited:
Why waste time on CO2 emissions? There has been nothing to show they are affecting the climate at this point.

Yeap amazing way to make money. wonder what's it takes to be considered a car company and sell credits?

And there's the remote possibility she's Hootttt

Originally Posted By: eddy21

And there's the remote possibility she's Hootttt

As a courtesy to the OP and others, please stay respectful and on topic.

The most effective way to reduce emissions is to make anything that causes emissions relatively more expensive than things that do not.

And CA has led the US and the world on reduced emissions thanks to its regulations.

Originally Posted By: Apollo14
The most effective way to reduce emissions is to make anything that causes emissions relatively more expensive than things that do not.

And CA has led the US and the world on reduced emissions thanks to its regulations.

This is sarcasm right? Please tell me you seriously believe this....
crackmeup2.gif
California, where making things more expensive saves the planet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back