Doe anyone run E-85 on a Regular basis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And there are variations on the blends that can be more cost effective. I have blender pumps near me, that I can select E10, E15, E 20, E30, and E85. I have found that using E30, which is around 20-25 cents less than regular gas, I get almost an identical mpg. Now true, when I use E85, the mpg drop is definitely there. But with E10 - E30, it is negligible. And different engines respond differently. GM flex fuel vehicles showed the lowest mpg difference between E30 and gasoline in some test I read a while back. Others, showed higher variations. The best "bang for the buck" for my vehicle seems to be E30. One study I read a while back showed that Ford and Toyota vehicles got better than straight gas mpg using E30 while the GM vehicles got as good or better mpg than gas using E20. I only know that using E30 in mine, it is more cost effective on a cost per mile basis than using gasoline at the current price spread. Same for E85 right now. E10 and gas are a wash when it comes to cost per mile. If one only looks at mpg, they can be disappointed to say the least. It is the cost per mile that one has to factor to see if it is worth it. And it depends on the region of the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back