Fill in the Blanks- Two Words

Status
Not open for further replies.

MolaKule

Staff member
Durometer: Numerical scale of ---- hardness,

Compression Set: the amount by which a ---- specimen fails to return to original shape after release of compressive load,

Memory: tendency of a ---- material to return to original shape after deformation,

-----: the change in the volume of a ---- article due to absorption of oil or other fluid,

Resilient ----: capable of returning to original size and shape after deformation,

Volume -----: increase in physical size caused by the action of a liquid,

Shrinkage: loss of volume after curing, or the decrease in volume of the ----, by a fluid.

Each Dash is a letter.

Guidelines for the Question of the Day:

1. No Piston Cup Lapel Pin will be awarded to the same person within 14 days of a previous award.

2. Please respond with a complete sentence.

3. Please do not post links. If a question arises as to the need for clarification, then sources and links may be requested.

4. Please, no off topic posts.

Last edited:
Durometer: Numerical scale of seal hardness,

Compression Set: the amount by which a seal specimen fails to return to original shape after release of compressive load,

Memory: tendency of a seal material to return to original shape after deformation,

swell: the change in the volume of a seal article due to absorption of oil or other fluid,

Resilient seal: capable of returning to original size and shape after deformation,

Volume swell: increase in physical size caused by the action of a liquid,

Shrinkage: loss of volume after curing, or the decrease in volume of the seal, by a fluid.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tstep
In my field it would be "neoprene" (rubber) and "swell"

Mine would have been "elastomer"...but it had too many letters.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: tstep
In my field it would be "neoprene" (rubber) and "swell"

Mine would have been "elastomer"...but it had too many letters.

+1

Since the general topic was about SEALs, SWELL and SEAL were the words.

Since our friend from OZ posted the first correct answer, SHANNOW is the proud recipient of the much prized Piston Cup Lapel Pin.
happy2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Since our friend from OZ posted the first correct answer, SHANNOW is the proud recipient of the much prized Piston Cup Lapel Pin.
happy2.gif

:sniff:, I'd like to thank the academy, and dedicate this to Charles Goodyear, without who none of this would be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back