Oil Change Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did an Oil Change on the truck this afternoon, was pretty fun. Miss the old days of oil changes.
On leave home in florida where the truck is used by my parents for trash runs and occasional lowes usage.
Glad to be back in Murica from Afg, and more than glad to be in Florida on vaca.

Needless to say, I was going through old stuff, and just made a mix of oils to put in the truck, heh. always get 5qt single deals and the truck only takes 4 so here it is.

OFF - Purolator PureONE PL20195
ON - PURFLUX LS907, PURFLUX obtained from a user on here, named OSCARO. Sturdy built filter, unlike a puro or fram appears uncrushable with the hands. Thick thread depth, and a nice filter.

OUT - NEXTGEN MAXLIFE 5w20 no make up oil in 18 months, 5000miles, pretty good as it was still full

IN - Frankenbrew to an extent of sealed left over quarts.
Consisting of AMSoil OE 0w20 SN 1QT
PEAK Conventional 5w20 SN 2 QTs
PEAK Synthetic 5w20 SN 1QT

took the truck for a test spin and it seems to be going fine. Probably be a 1yr/6000mi interval. 2.3L seems to keep pushing after 150k miles, so I suppose its good

on another note, the mower got it as well,
OFF - motorcraft FL400s
IN - Purolator L20195

OUT - Quakerstate Conventional 10w40 2.3 qts

IN - More leftovers
1qt Peak Conventional 20w50
1qt Vavoline Nextgen Maxlife 10w40
.3 qts/ Filter fill of Rotella 30WT

Fun day, mower ran like a kitten with 3 acres on the oil and no ill effects.
mower specs only briggs and Stratton filters and HD30 but after 3 years and no bad effects on using the same filter size for my truck and multigrade oils, still goes!
3.27$ Purolator anyday over a 17$ briggs filter at sears.

Cheers! Gumby

A lot of those Briggs use a Fl400 / Purolator 20195 / Fram 3600.

Sticks out pretty far, and looks strange, but it works.

Fram 3614 / Purolator 10241 is the short one, same specs...

Last edited:
Check that PurFlux oil filter cross reference.

Not sure that's the right filter, on my iPhone, I can't check...

I've used a Motorcraft FL-910S or occasionally the equivalent OCOD instead of the $12 Kohler filter on my lawn tractor for years with no problems at all. Love the frankenbrews made of leftovers too. I have done that once or twice when my shelf was getting too cluttered with half used jugs.

Talked to my dad. The ranger is almost ready for a change if id do it at 5000mi. I should be home when its around 7500-8000mi. Uoa will be done on it!

Just changed this brew at 7381mi
Popped on a stashed k&n and a mix of 2qts Havoline 10w40 which was stashed at 99 cents a qt a few yrs ago and 2qts of QS HM w/slick 50 that was 5w30 flavor (old brew when it had it premixed in) i had stashed from 2009...

Good to be on leave to fl!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back