I'm a new moped owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if i'm in the right area or even the right website........but i recently bought a 2012 yamaha zuma 50c moped from someone.........and i'm trying to figure out what oils to get for it and how often to change them......everything in it that needs to be changed to maintain it.......any help would be appreciated

Have you tracked down an owner's manual yet? That will tell you what this scooter requires for oil, although it's probably 10w-40 or 20w-50.

Since it's a dry clutch any good synthetic like Penzoil, Shell or Mobil should do the trick, and since it holds only one quart it won't hurt your wallet.

The bug eyes on that thing make me giggle
smile.gif

I would run a 20w-50, or a 15w-50 if you can find it. If you live in a colder state like MA, I would run a 10w-40.

Use any 10-40 and change it every 1000-1500 mile since those small
motors are usually run wide open all the time. I've had several 250cc scooters and the rear drive held a small amount of motor oil for the rear gears, so you might look under the plastic cover and
see if you see a small drain plug and also one to refill..they will
likely be tiny...maybe a 10mm. Good luck, and enjoy.

I was browsing an owners manual and I think you will want to change the oil every 2,000 miles after the first change is done at 600 miles. Any 10w40 motorcycle oil should be great and synthetic is the way to go.

Amsoil makes one of the most robust oils but if you want to shop local the Mobil 1 4T 10w40 is great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back