Dual fuel injection system vs GDI injection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which one is more preferred? Seems like Dual fuel injection(Nissan) is far better than a GDI system.

You don't need to do the GDI maintenance, carbon build-up occurs in the intake valves over time, and the Nissan's dual injector setup seems to have the same performance as a DI system.

So GDI, what's the point?

The dual injection system is much more complex so adds cost weight complexity etc. It is a tradeoff to do the valve cleaning at the expense of fuel efficiency. It also is a technology that might not be in every car you want.

You might as well say I have all the money in the world what's the point in not just getting a new car every year.
Or I dont see why people shop at cheap supermarkets they should just shop at whole foods every day.

Last edited:
If there is a standard injector or a few injectors in there for cleaning, it probably is a good thing, and I cant imagine it is THAT complex, since tons of cars have standard injection systems on them....

But Id imagine also that whatever the flow ratio is, less of the benefit of DI can be achieved.

fuel injection is the devils work imo, nothing sounds as good or responds as quickly as weber DCOE's
smile.gif

as far as gdi or dual injection is concerned Ive heard two different sets of reasons, one guy told me that dual injection cars use PFI at idle and cruise but switch to GDI at WOT for drivability;
another reason i heard was the GDI is used to run the engine and the PFI only worksoccasionally, to wash the back of the valves.

witchcraft. ill stick with my weber
wink.gif

Smart move Nissan. Use two small fuel injectors instead of one big injector...1 injector per intake valve and smaller fuel droplets.
Does the dual run independently or in parallel?

Toyota's D4-S is a combination of port and direct.

I want it all. Combine d4s with dual, and give my throttle body a cable or link connection to my foot pedal.

Seems a bit like a crutch. Some automakers have already made huge strides in addressing DI issues without reverting back to the 1980s
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back