2015 WRX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Is that one of those engines with the opposing cylinders? They call it a flat four or flat six or something? There's a couple of those Subarus running around the neighborhood and man do they sound awful. They sound like an old Volkswagen bug with one of it's cylinders not firing. Why people go out and spend money on those things is beyond me.

It's called a boxer engine. You can figure out why.

You have a lot to learn about Subaru and why so many owners love them.

I sent my factory fill sample to Blackstone Labs today. I should hear back from them by Friday. I have a feeling I will see very high fuel dilution since my oil reeked of gas when I changed it.

Originally Posted By: wiUFsh
I sent my factory fill sample to Blackstone Labs today. I should hear back from them by Friday. I have a feeling I will see very high fuel dilution since my oil reeked of gas when I changed it.

How many miles on the oil?

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Is that one of those engines with the opposing cylinders? They call it a flat four or flat six or something? There's a couple of those Subarus running around the neighborhood and man do they sound awful. They sound like an old Volkswagen bug with one of it's cylinders not firing. Why people go out and spend money on those things is beyond me.

Merkava, your posts are getting further and further off base.

I'm at close to 2,500 miles on my frankenblend. 2 quarts of 5w-40 euro pennzoil ultra and balance old formula ultra 5w-30. Has not used a drop of oil and it still looks really clean. Was thinking about running to 4,000 miles. I do seem to notice some fuel odor when checking oil on dipstick. I removed factory fill at 1,200 miles. Will have to send it for analysis at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back