2013 Civic Si - Pennzoil Plat 0W20 - 6216 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
5DtDnXs.png

Forgot to mention oil filter was: FRAM XG7317

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ram01
very nice good job

Thanks man. I also did beat on the car quite a bit when I was with my local car club guys back west coast, lots of high speed runs, high revving and launching on it. This was a lot better than I was expecting, but I put great oil in it so I'm happy with results

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
I thought SI's required 30W? Nice report.

The US manual calls for 0w20 under all temperatures.

I would also give M1 AFE 0w20 a try.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis

That is correct, 0W20 for all temperatures per manual.

I've been wanting to try M1 AFE. May try that next.

Is the M1 better then PP? From the description of how he drives the PP is doing a good job.

I feel that the Mobil 1 AFE is better. I like PP in 5w30 flavor but I think from what I've come across the PP 0w20 would be my last choice if you see the specs.

I would use Mobil 1 AFE or Toyota Genuine 0w20 first but I wouldn't feel unprotected running the PP I just think the others excel in this area.

I feel that the Mobil 1 AFE is better. I like PP in 5w30 flavor but I think from what I've come across the PP 0w20 would be my last choice if you see the specs.

I would use Mobil 1 AFE or Toyota Genuine 0w20 first but I wouldn't feel unprotected running the PP I just think the others excel in this area.

Once either oil is in service how would you tell the difference without a lot of time and money? Looking at spec's can't possibly be the only factor in how well an oil performs in use. A UOA can't tell you about everything involved in the life of a daily driver. I would say that any oil that meets spec's would do okay. Most people never every keep a vehicle long enough to reap the benefits of a rigorous maintenance schedule.

It's somewhat splitting hairs but Mobil 1 AFE has proven some pretty good UOAs already since it's so popular, it's a shame that more people didn't use PP 0w20 SN but it's been replaced with the PurePlus stuffed now which looks pretty good still.

I have been very impressed by AFEs TBN retention for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back