Brown Bear 9mm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does/has anyone shot brown bears ammo? I found a good deal on 500 rounds at roughly .21 cents a round, which includes an ammo can as well. Anyone?

Originally Posted By: BobsArmory
Not bad plinking ammo. use it for practice with no worries.

+1 Just fine for practice. it is like Wolf, in that it tends to be dirty. But for the price a-ok!

Ruskie made steel cased ammo. Dirty but it works. Never had an issue with the 223 and 7.62x39mm stuff I had. I preferred the Silver Bear line which was zinc plated. The lacquer coated steel cased ammo can leave a nasty residue in a hot chamber.

I think it all depends on what you are shooting it in. I love Russian ammo (Tula, Wolf, Ulyanovsk, etc.) but I have seen some people experience issues with the Bear series (Brown, golden, silver etc.) If the firearm(s) you plan on using it in is at all finicky then I would pass.

Is that the out the door price? If so, jump on it. I use tulammo for the range all the time, that's what it's for. Around here the Tulammo is $10.97 a box of 50 so 'out the door' 500 rounds costs me $117.38 (Walmart)

Originally Posted By: 4wheeldog
I did not realize brown bears were armed. I will be more careful.

HAHAHA... good one!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: 4wheeldog
I did not realize brown bears were armed. I will be more careful.

It would even up the odds for the bears when they're being hunted....

Brown Bear 9m is good plinking ammo at the range, but some guns will not like it.

As far as it being "dirty", all ammo is "dirty".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back