Study says smelling farts can be good for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get what is surpising about all these "studies"...

Selelium is toxic...but appears to be an essential trace element (arsenic appears to be also).

Chlorine dioxide is bad for you...but your body makes it, and CO, and peroxides...and H2S.

One day soon, they will have to finally abandon zero linear threshold thinking, and realise that there's safe amounts of most (naturally occuring) things, and sometimes hormetic effects

That's a lot like flavors and fragrances. We used to buy stuff from Aldrich Chemical, and from time to time since I was on their mailing list I got their Flavors & Fragrances catalog. I was surprised to see what compounds were used as flavors and fragrances. Some you understood but others were chemicals that in bulk were labeled as "stench" or were pretty toxic (a lot of mercaptans). It is all in the quantity and what else they are mixed with.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Don't get what is surpising about all these "studies"...

Selelium is toxic...but appears to be an essential trace element (arsenic appears to be also).

Chlorine dioxide is bad for you...but your body makes it, and CO, and peroxides...and H2S.

One day soon, they will have to finally abandon zero linear threshold thinking, and realise that there's safe amounts of most (naturally occuring) things, and sometimes hormetic effects

There still many options but this one. I will never try.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back