Purolater Destoying Cars.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point shouldn't we put out a warning to people buying Purolater oil filters? It's obvious that it is a system wide failure. I have a few Pure One that I think I will use as target practice. It amazes me how a company can go from being top notch to a disgrace. I have 5 of there filters that I will throw out. I guess this is a lesson in hoarding oil filters for readers here. I think some members here have a stash of the faulty filters and just refuse to believe the facts. I hate this company for responding in a half #ss way. I hope class action law suits will eventually follow against Purolater but I know it will be a uphill battle.

A bit over dramatic don't you think? Purolater destroying cars? Class action lawsuit? Can you provide one documented example of a filter destroying a car? No.

^ ^ ^ Neither one of you guys can spell PUROLATOR.
33.gif

I purposely copied what he wrote. It's evidence he doesn't know what he's talking about.

I just posted in the, "Question about viscisity" thread too.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
33.gif

Last edited:
Extreme claim buddy. Not cool. Can you reference 1 person who has even put in a claim to Puro that their faulty filter(s) "destroyed" their car? I would think at most Puro could have "destroyed" and engine, but most likely not the whole car.
grin.gif

Purolator have a problem, for sure. The chances of the only dodgy filters falling only into the hands of cutters is so remote that there are many many of them out there.

And not a heap of destroyed cars to go with them...or destroyed engines.

As I've previously commented, we came across a supplier who was stapling the pleats together to close the element on hydraulic filters that we were trying to get decent ISO clenliness levels...we couldn't get there with that filter, but never failed a piece of equipment (and never had a staple run through the equipment luckily).

Originally Posted By: Mud
Here we go again...

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb......#Post3317681

Is this some sort of class project?

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that one. It's like deja vu all over again. Only according to Merkava's and OC's comment looks like the spelling here was edited some time after the fact.

Thanks for pointing out that thread. Wondering if he's a partner in the law firm in that thread by now.

It'll be pretty hard to warn people about them since they haven't created any known damage. Oil and filters will always remain an emotional subject for many people.

IMO, the people who will choose to switch already have.. and the remaining Purolator users will stick with them.

Then I'd say 90%-95% of the people aware of this are members of BITOG already.

I have seen plenty of threads over my two years here with photos of filters that have torn media. Some are Purolator, some are other brands. Think about this. If you never cut open a filter your engine would be just fine and you would never know the difference.

I am not a filtration expert. I probably know less technical detail about oil filters than many of you, but it seems to me that even a filter with a hole in the media is still going to filter the oil over most of its surface. Some will get through unfiltered as it seeks the path of least resistance, but most (probably) of it will still go through the filter.

So, kudos for finding a manufacturing flaw that, hopefully, will be corrected. But, how much damage do you think it really occurring?

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
33.gif

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
I purposely copied what he wrote.

If you want to purposely repeat an error made by somebody else in order to call attention to it, you are supposed to either put the affected word in quotation marks, or append the Latin term (sic) after the word. "Sic" means "verbatim", or "this is exactly how he wrote it".

Thus:
"Purolater"
or
Purolater (sic)

Sorry guys but i must have somehow missed all the buzz about the filters being faulty. I have a few on hand now and have a couple questions.

How many have been found and deemed damaged?

When was the first one found? Just trying to understand when the defects started happening.

Is it just the classics or the P1 as well?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: qwerty1234
At this point shouldn't we put out a warning to people buying Purolater oil filters? It's obvious that it is a system wide failure.

a lawyer-to-be should know better than to post comments such as this, including the thread title.there's a term for this, when one has no proof. it's called slander.you just might get a call from the purolatEr legal team.
one would think that a law school student would have a much better command of the language. no one on bitog has perfect command of english, but a law student should have better writing skills.
several posters, on both threads, have given you some polite little jabs about your posts. and, you deserve these "jabs".
it appears, per your posts, that you are perSUEing the speciality of "ambulance chaser".good luck with that.
the point of my early a.m. post -- three of us are sitting here, having a coffee, and lol at your posts.thank you for my (our) morning laugh.have a good day.

Originally Posted By: qwerty1234
At this point shouldn't we put out a warning to people buying Purolater oil filters? It's obvious that it is a system wide failure. I have a few Pure One that I think I will use as target practice. It amazes me how a company can go from being top notch to a disgrace. I have 5 of there filters that I will throw out. I guess this is a lesson in hoarding oil filters for readers here. I think some members here have a stash of the faulty filters and just refuse to believe the facts. I hate this company for responding in a half #ss way. I hope class action law suits will eventually follow against Purolater but I know it will be a uphill battle.

How about you provide me with the part #'s for the one's you have and I will gladly take them off your hands
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Don't feed the trolls.

lmao... This comment in combination with your username made me laugh!

Originally Posted By: jstutz
Sorry guys but i must have somehow missed all the buzz about the filters being faulty. I have a few on hand now and have a couple questions.

How many have been found and deemed damaged?

When was the first one found? Just trying to understand when the defects started happening.

Is it just the classics or the P1 as well?

You sound like you're trying to apply real problem solving techniques to this issue...

Don't. Just... don't. You'll only drive yourself insane trying to even define the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back