""Motorcraft FL1A is Junk"" LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many people here that rave about how good WIX/NAPA is, but I see little to support them except their high price. Of course, much of their price goes not to filter media, but to mark up in the mostly low volume sales channels they use. I have never used them much. I tried a NAPA back when my truck was new, but concluded if I had to pay $5 for a filter, I would stick with Delco. After PF 1177's became hard to find, I tried several other lower cost brands. I eventually fell to chopping filters up to see what was inside. All sorts of funny doodads. The expensive Hastings I bought where they don't have prices on their filters didn't have much more filter area than than anything except would you believe it, Fram. Most of the other filters fell in a group, Purolator, ST, STP, with the Delco having about half again as much media. So I see Hastings as an average filter at a WIX price. So how about it WIX fans, chop a few open. Skip the pictures, but measure the media area and let us know what we get for the price. Don't care how thick the can is, never had one leak or come apart trying to remove it.

quote:

So how about it WIX fans, chop a few open. Skip the pictures, but measure the media area and let us know what we get for the price.

No!!!
Don't skip the pictures. They can be very telling.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back