2007 Acura RDX loaded AWD 95K for $13000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a fair price (on East Coast)? Are there any known problems with this vehicle? I think this is the first year model with 2.4tubro. Honda no longer does turbo on that model anymore. Since it is a 4-cyl, I presume it does NOT need timing belt service at 105K miles.

I believe it has a modified K series, the K23, so it does run a timing chain like you said.

Sorry, can't help with the price or reliability. I was at a light a few months back and one of those turbo RDXs gunned it next to me, it took off way faster than it looked like it should be able to, sounded just right too. I was surprised when I caught up that it was an RDX. I like.

Sounds like a lot of money - but that's what they're going for. Personally, I'd just stretch and get a long loan on something new - Subaru, Rav4, CRV or Equinox - is AWD mandatory? $13k on a car with already 100k miles on it just rubs me the wrong way.

A friend has one with flawless reliability same year.

The price seems like normal dealer retail. I assume it has NAV since it is "loaded".

Not a bad price IMO. I wouldn't be worried about this one bit.

The K23 is a chain driven DOHC K series. Stout engine that can handle boost, usually most K series can handle a little boost without going all funky. Usually the K23 isn't known to grenade themselves in stock form.

Mated to a 5-speed automatic, decently quick shifting trannys.

Lmao, some of the stuff you say.

Perhaps you were thinking of HTO-06 instead.

Originally Posted By: Ram01
Go for it nice vehicle and the motor should be spotless since it requires Mobil 1

Originally Posted By: bigt61
Sounds like a lot of money - but that's what they're going for. Personally, I'd just stretch and get a long loan on something new - Subaru, Rav4, CRV or Equinox - is AWD mandatory? $13k on a car with already 100k miles on it just rubs me the wrong way.

They were nice cars, but $13K for something with 100000 miles is too much ...

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Originally Posted By: bigt61

They were nice cars, but $13K for something with 100000 miles is too much ...

It was not a cheap car to start with. IIRC they were pushing $40k when new.

KBB says that the "fair purchase price" for that vehicle (if it indeed has the Technology Package) is $14,900. NADA says that clean retail is $15,975. $13,000 as an advertised price is significantly below both of those. Check for a clean Carfax and things like that.

Lag is very noticeable, not like more "modern" turbo setups and gas mileage is poor. I'm confident we'll see great turbo engines from Honda in the next 1-2 years but for now naturally aspirated is what they do best and they're darn good at it. Buy it if you like it but I'd probably pass on the K23T.

Originally Posted By: gofast182
Lag is very noticeable, not like more "modern" turbo setups and gas mileage is poor. I'm confident we'll see great turbo engines from Honda in the next 1-2 years but for now naturally aspirated is what they do best and they're darn good at it. Buy it if you like it but I'd probably pass on the K23T.

The RDX comes equipped with an "automatic choke" on the exhaust, pre-turbo, to restrict low RPM, low volume exhaust flow....which increases the exhaust gas velocity and in theory, keeps the turbo spooled up, even at low RPM's.

The good news is that, because it has a turbocharger, the engine responds very well to tuning. Hondata virtually eliminates the lag...at least that's what I understand from various Acurazine.com threads.

Originally Posted By: Phishin

The RDX comes equipped with an "automatic choke" on the exhaust, pre-turbo, to restrict low RPM, low volume exhaust flow....which increases the exhaust gas velocity and in theory, keeps the turbo spooled up, even at low RPM's.

I forgot to add, that as RPM's rise, the restriction opens up and you get full exhaust gas pressurization of the turbine. I thought this was a pretty slick "gadget" that Honda utilized in reducing 4 cylinder turbo lag.

===============================
Tech Package fully loaded!! A/C ice cold, All scheduled maintenance, Always garaged, Factory GPS system, Fully loaded with all the goodies, Looks & drives great, Mostly highway miles, Must see, New tires, No accidents, Non-smoker, Satellite radio, Title in hand, Upgraded sound system, Very clean interior, Well maintained
================================

Well, I am convincing my son to nurse the free old car he is currently driving as long as he could (learn something from the dad!) and start paying the monthly payments to himself in the meantime before plunging for another vehicle. I have no idea why he wants a CUV though.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
I have no idea why he wants a CUV though.

because he thinks it will give him "street cred" with the guys and specially girls.

I got a 00 civic when I was 16 only lasted 320k, I would keep that car till now If I knew how to fix cars like I do now.

A number of my renters drive vehicles like this, its a good way to look like you have a few bucks without having a few bucks.

I'd recommend he save his money and just buy a new car for $10k more.

Originally Posted By: Phishin
Originally Posted By: gofast182

I've driven one. I don't care what it has, there's still lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back