Infiniti G35 VQ35DE Mobil 1 0W40 7,000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect UOA. I wouldn't change a thing.
If your driving pattern doesn't change, top of as needed and run it to 10k.

No point in arguing visc here. Start your own thread.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
So while I certainly appreciate the fuel economy testing that is performed, I think we also need to remember that this is an engine dyno test in a controlled environment with no powertrain attached to it and the test is designed to replicate the fuel economy gains during warm-up (hence the oil temperatures used).

Exactly. None of us is ever going to be able to measure the difference in fuel economy between the two oils with any statistical rigour. It's certainly there, but we won't be able to accurately measure it.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Funny you experienced guys still think UOA evidence and equate engine wear rates. I though we moved pass this.

Same here. Many times it has been noted that folks here put way too much importance on a single UOA...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Funny you experienced guys still think UOA evidence and equate engine wear rates. I though we moved pass this.

Same here. Many times it has been noted that folks here put way too much importance on a single UOA...

understood, i have several samples from Blackstone, for trend analysis, and to see if there is either fuel dilution or coolant, or both.

i just wan't smart enough to post them.

Originally Posted By: 1999nick
Originally Posted By: abycat
I didn't catch the 40 wt. Nissan is pretty picky about running the reccomended weights in their vehicles. I'd like to see a uoa with the 5w30. Might be even better.

Nissan is not too picky in the owner's manual of my 2005 Nissan Pathfinder with the 4.0 V-6. It states that 5W30, 10W30, and 10W40 are OK, with a preference for 5W30. I have used M1 0W40 for several years with no oil usage in a one year, average 9,000 mile OCI.

my versa manual says nothing but 5w30.

Originally Posted By: nighamreuki
do you drive hard at all? redline it ever?
i have my 7K report with Schaeffer 9000 in 900 miles LOL

no, i can't say i do, it mostly stays within 2-4k RPM's on the highways in New Jersey.
then stop and go in the city areas.

I'm in south Jersey and I commute to Delaware everyday. It's 90% highway. It's the best commute I've had in years.

Mobil 1 0w40 is arguably Mobil's best oil. It's designed around racing and high performance engines. For whatever reason, people always seem to forget that you can technically use any viscosity in any engine without causing any problems.

Low viscosity oils, 8 to 10 speed transmissions, CVT's etc...are all about increasing fuel economy.

The extra viscosity is what I would want regardless because of fuel dilution. It makes sense.

The 0w40 is also using a slightly higher class of base oils and entirely different additive system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back