Amsoil Grease Gun Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just assembled my new Amsoil Grease Gun Kit that is made for the smaller 3oz tubes of grease, and I mostly liked it. The gun itself is small and feels well made, but I didn't like the included short hose nor the included fitting for the end of the hose. I ended up swapping them out for an 18" hose rated for more than the 3600psi the gun is rated for, and a different, heavy-duty fitting for the hose. Just about perfect! Now I can really get into tricky spots with plenty of hose to spare, with a very light gun, and with a fitting that has a solid "bite" when latched onto zerk fittings.

Good stuff!
smile.gif

Thanks for the review. What is the significance of the amsoil gun that makes it different from the other mini guns out there?

Thanks!

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Thanks for the review. What is the significance of the amsoil gun that makes it different from the other mini guns out there?

Thanks!

I honestly don't know. I was in need of a mini grease gun, and I use Amsoil greases, so when I placed my most recent order, I added one into the order since it came with a 3oz tube of Amsoil Multi-purpose grease.

I don't do a crazy amount of greasing, so I was looking for a 3oz cartridge style gun with a manually-operated pistol grip and flexible hose. The Amsoil model fit the bill, but I do prefer a longer hose and better end grease fitting than the stock Amsoil Grease Gun Kit has.

I'm not sure what a typical full size grease gun will develop for pressure, but the Amsoil gun is rated for 3600 psi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back