YZZF1, YZZF2, Napa Gold 1396

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by kanling:
I say go with the NAPA Gold now if this oil change will cover most of February. Use the nicer bypass valve in the coldest part of the year. (Toronto... brrrrr... cold!)

Take advantage of the larger filtering element in the Toyota (YZZF1) in the summer months when you'll probably be driving more.

Thanks for the advice. Strictly speaking is the use of the 1396 on the 1zzffe engine a 'no no' in terms of dealer/manufacturer's warranty on the engine if something goes awry?

I've used the PremiumPlus, the PureOne (short), the YZZF1, and the 1396, haven't noticed much of a difference in my UOA. I think I'm going to stay with the 1396 from here on out, but I couldn't really say why if asked...

Strictly speaking, the manufacturer has to 'prove' that the item in question caused the failure...I'm 99.9% sure that 1) there is no way that filter could cause this engine to fail in warranty and 2) the dealership would do everything in its power to 'claim' it was the filters fault.

I don't know what the rule is in Canada, but in the U.S. the law says if that the manufacturer requires an OEM replacement part to meet warranty requirements, then the manufacturer must supply you that part free of charge.

quote:

Originally posted by luvs2drive:
I don't like the Toyota filter design as I think it is too restrictive to flow.

Wow - you've changed my mind!
rolleyes.gif

quote:

Originally posted by ScottB:

quote:

Originally posted by luvs2drive:
I don't like the Toyota filter design as I think it is too restrictive to flow.

Wow - you've changed my mind!
rolleyes.gif

Really Awesome!
rolleyes.gif

Those new YZZF1's look better for flow. I wonder if they will bring back that cold start rattle I had issues with on the OEM filters? I suppose I could try one, but my WIX did cure the problem completely. The Pure One filters look decent, but where to get in Canada?

Well, I'm not sure how much I place on "looks" for appraising flow, but I'm pretty sure the engineers at Toyota know a thing or two about flow and filters...

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back