Guess which country is which ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have taken two M1 0W40 pictures in the last 5 weeks or so. One was in the US, the other was here in Oz.

Guess which was which...
2014-06-26180412.jpg

2014-07-21162855.jpg

And my $ was over US95c this morning...92c average when we were over there.

Only oil purchase over there was MC 5W20 blend

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...ing#Post3427767

My guess is the top one is from the USA. I think in Australia, the jug would be labeled in Liters only.

Oh yeah, and I would expect 1 liter of M1 0w40 would sell for $20.77 in Australia. I can picture your eyes getting misty when you saw a 5-quart jug of it for $22.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Oh yeah, and I would expect 1 liter of M1 0w40 would sell for $20.77 in Australia. I can picture your eyes getting misty when you saw a 5-quart jug of it for $22.

Family didn't share my misty eyes...we left with two bags, came home with 4, and the extra two bags were full of stuff that wasn't M1, RP, MC...I would have bought some MMO when I saw the gallon price

Euro prices. Like i always wonder why Americans get so worked up about pocket change for synthetic oil and go with dino to save the price of a burger on 5qts.
Start paying $100-250 for an DIY oil change and i can see it.

Where in the US did you find 5 quarts of 0w40 for $22? I thought I was getting a good price last week when I travelled to the US and got 5 quarts of 0w40 at Walmart for $25 US. I was near Rochester NY. I thought Walmart's pricing in the US was the same across the entire country?

Originally Posted By: Patman
I thought Walmart's pricing in the US was the same across the entire country?

Not always. Some walmart stores put products on rollback pricing once in a while, and those are the ones that offer the same M1 jugs for $22 and change right now.

I would say the top picture is the US Mobil 1 0W-40. All the Mobil 1 oils I have seen have the same light gray, silver bottles. The bottom picture is a gold colored bottle that I have not seen in person before.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: A_Harman

Family didn't share my misty eyes...we left with two bags, came home with 4, and the extra two bags were full of stuff that wasn't M1, RP, MC...I would have bought some MMO when I saw the gallon price

With that difference in price, FedEx-ing a pallet of oil home.might have been cost effective!

M1 0w40 cost here 50€ 5 liter jug, but only online and only ONE seller. Normal store price is around 18-20€ per liter.
Shell is much more affordable here, you can find Helix Ultra for 5€ if you shop online.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
You should post the price comparison on ammo too....

lesoft-np10kb1.jpg

Should run about $15 USD.
28.gif

Walmart prices about 40% what we can get stuff for here...'cept .22 was closer to 65%...but we can buy it.

Walmart guys through Az were all saying that they have customers ring for what's getting delivered next day, and stand at opening to buy it all regardless of what's come in.

Never seen an empty .22 shelf in my life.

Originally Posted By: strat81

lesoft-np10kb1.jpg

28.gif

Need the same licence to use airsoft as for a rimfire, or a 12 gauge...needless to say they are not really popular down here, as you fail the "genuine reason for ownership" test pretty early in the process.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: strat81

lesoft-np10kb1.jpg

28.gif

Need the same licence to use airsoft as for a rimfire, or a 12 gauge...needless to say they are not really popular down here, as you fail the "genuine reason for ownership" test pretty early in the process.

That's insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back