What would you do? Work vehicle blocking road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cut the guy a break. Tow truck drivers go through a lot of [censored]. It would have been best to politely ask the owner to move.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
he sure was taking off fast trying to get away from me.

Lol. I doubt it.. they always drive fast.

Ask for a free tow card.....be nice and just say hey...I think this deserves a free tow. Or a get out of tow free card.

+1 on the dash cam idea, people are morons.

Just the other night I was behind a lifted truck with an ATV in the bed. It was just about dark and I kept seeing this flashing light coming from the truck. Turned out the kid driving was taking selfies while going 50 mph down the road.
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: y_p_w

When I get back there's a tow truck blocking about four spaces, including mine.

That's a price you pay for living where you do. You can get your knickers knotted up over the whole thing, or you can simply forget it and move on.

Originally Posted By: CurtisB
People love to block in big trucks too. I was offloading heavy exterior steel studs at a shopping mall renovation, when this women parked behind me and block me in. Too bad for her, I had a zoom-boom that day. Me and my swamper went for an extra long paid lunch at the food court after that. She had 50,000 other spots she could have parked, and for some reason she chose parking on my vehicle loading ramps. When we came outside she was yelling about being late for work, I retorted that I was late too, as I was blocked in and had other loads to deliver. This picture circled around the company and everyone had a good laugh, including my supervision. Go ahead and complain no-one cares.

And by playing your little game you showed that you're just as childish as the person who pulled up behind your truck. Don't get me wrong-the person who pulled up and parked there was certainly ignorant, but what you did to get even was nothing more than an immature act that lowered you to her level.

People in the USA are in quite are hurry always.

Travel majority of other places on earth and realize more patience is involved and less woe is me.

I witnessed this while they were paving my road. The neighborhood folks WHO lived here for years know there is another way in/out yet could not read the signs and warnings. A guy got mad about a sign he misread as local traffic only (meaning him) on the other end of road. A road closed on my end resulting him screaming at town guy, peeling out and smacking his truck on my stone wall. I yelled at him as I thought it wrecked it as he did not even look at it except damage on truck.

Thankfully he owned up as person apologized personally to me and the town guy the following day.

People love to block in big trucks too. I was offloading heavy exterior steel studs at a shopping mall renovation, when this women parked behind me and block me in. Too bad for her, I had a zoom-boom that day. Me and my swamper went for an extra long paid lunch at the food court after that. She had 50,000 other spots she could have parked, and for some reason she chose parking on my vehicle loading ramps. When we came outside she was yelling about being late for work, I retorted that I was late too, as I was blocked in and had other loads to deliver. This picture circled around the company and everyone had a good laugh, including my supervision. Go ahead and complain no-one cares.

Aw, I love telehandlers. Too bad those weren't 72" forks on that 72" frame; you could've just picked it up and moved it.

You're lucky you didn't get a gallon of water in the fuel tank.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Cut the guy a break. Tow truck drivers go through a lot of [censored]. It would have been best to politely ask the owner to move.

Towing is one of the shadiest, most scam and ripoff oriented businesses there is. They'll tow anyone's car as soon as possible to make a buck for themselves, and then charge ripoff prices for holding the car and whatnot. No way do they deserve a break if being jerks.

That said, politeness does go a long way, and I'd certainly try it first.

What a total douche bag. I would've blocked his sleazy tow truck with my car,and taken my time eating my lunch in my car.

Originally Posted By: y_p_w
I was getting lunch at a fairly popular shopping area with off-street parking. It was tough finding a spot, but then one opened up.

When I get back there's a tow truck blocking about four spaces, including mine. Engine is running and no driver in the cab. I just sort of stand outside and maybe hope the driver notices. I don't see any activity going on that would require a tow truck, and I'm thinking the driver just left to get lunch or something. Then I get in my car and honk the horn a few times. At that point I'm frustrated and figure I'll take a photo of the truck's operator and state license number if I feel like complaining to the owner/manager.

Eventually the driver gets there and moves (blocking another set of parking spaces). Then he motions to me as I leave and I'm wondering what his deal is. He asks why I took the photo. I say I was ticked off about being blocked and was thinking of filing a complaint, and if he thought I did anything illegal. At that point I'm not going to complain, but it did cross my mind to have some proof my car was blocked along with the phone number and state operator's license.

fisticuffs right then and there.

Seriously I'd have just given him an eat $%$$ look and forgotten about it. He's going to continue being an inconsiderate selfish person. If you show him his behavior really bothers you it just might make his day. Stop wasting your energy on toolbags.

I agree with PopRivit. some people just don't pay attention and park behind the truck because they park where other vehicles are. She wasn't paying attention obviously and got punished for it.

People love to block in big trucks too.

Hahahahahaaaa, that is awesome! I absolutely love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back