MMO, the real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mystic
In that case there is no need for other products that claim to clean the engine either.

And don't forget that it can also be used in the gas. Might be useful in a dirty carb in a lawnmower, for example. It should be a decent fuel system cleaner.

I put some in my gas fairly regular and maybe once a year I'll use SeaFoam or something. Most people I have talked to that use it only use it in the gas. I'm lucky that I can buy gas at a gas station that takes good care of their equipment. I'm not worried about water, trash etc coming from there. There are a few stations around here that I just wouldn't trust. I wouldn't buy gas there even if it was cheaper. I already pay more to avoid ethanol. I tried a little of that and it created a mess. I'm not going there again.

I do put some in my oil but not near what they call for. Then again, I maintain my car pretty well and don't let it get nasty like some that don't maintain theirs well. Some folks change their oil every couple years whether it needs it or not.
eek.gif

I find that MMO has good uses, and there are also cases where it is useless, but I don't get how it could fix a camshaft position sensor malfunction.

I use MMO in the gas in my car and also in the gas in my lawnmower and wheeled weed trimmer. I believe that it helps to keep the carbs clean in my lawnmower and wheeled weed trimmer. The fact is that MMO is still useful even after all of these decades.

I would really like to see people who like MMO allowed to have discussions about it without being attacked and being called 'fools.' And I get sick and tired of somebody saying that with modern motor oils MMO is no longer needed but they are quite willing to endorse some other engine cleaning product. If MMO is no longer needed in the modern world than neither are the other engine cleaning products.

But wait until somebody has another post about MMO. Soon after that post is up here will come the attackers and the promoters of other products. It gets really old. Especially if somebody new to this website feels they can insult several members at this website.

For a while I was thinking about stopping using all supplements except for fuel system cleaner. But my lawnmower just seems to run better if I put a little MMO into the fuel. And MMO is inexpensive and probably still a decent fuel system cleaner. If I can prevent problems with the carbs in my lawnmower and weed trimmer I will keep using MMO.

I have found that a few people think only their opinion matters. Real experience doesn't matter. Even when claims are proven in court, it doesn't matter. They just tend to post their opinion as if it is fact even when it is not. When it gets to name calling, just put them on the ignore list, then you don't have to see it anymore.

Something else I use MMO for that I thought about while reading your post. I use it like a gas stabilizer. It seems to me that it does that really well. If I'm going to store gas, even over the winter, I add a little MMO to it. I also store gas in drums for emergencies to run my generator with and have MMO in that.

Another experience. I found a gas jug that I had about forgot even having. It fell behind a shelf so I couldn't see it but I found it one day while getting something else. I figured the gas in it would be nasty but it smelled OK. So, I put it in my push mower and mowed the whole yard with it. I know that gas was several years old. I even thought I had left the jug outside and someone picked it up. It had been missing a really long time.

I don't think MMO claims to be a gas stabilizer but so far, it seems to do that pretty well. At least it did for me anyway. I wonder what MMO would say about that??

Anytime you can add some topoil (light naphthenic and paraffinic oil) to gasoline, it tends to keep the light hydrocarbons from evaporating and stabilizes the fuel.

In addition, the phosphorus found in the analysis also acts a weak anti-oxidant.

Last edited:
I still use Sta-bil in my lawnmower gas and my weed trimmer gas but I will run the engines dry of gasoline before the winter. The weed trimmer is not used all the time and it definitely needs Sta-bil. I believe that MMO is somewhat useful as a fuel system stabilizer also.

I don't put people on ignore anymore. If somebody is insulting me I want to know about it. And it is especially humorous if some new guy who really does not seem to be able to write that well is calling people 'fools' at this website. I am not perfect myself-I am not an English professor. But I can write fairly coherently. And I can write without constantly checking a dictionary. Being called a 'fool' by somebody who cannot seem to write that well is really funny. And being called a 'fool' by somebody who is supposed to be new to this website (unless they have been 'lurking' a long time or have used different passwords in the past) and somebody who if they are new should know nothing about all of the MMO discussions that have taken place here is especially humorous.

And being told by a new guy that there is 'one guy' at this website who likes MMO is flat out hilarious. Especially since that is disproven by THIS SINGLE POST ABOUT MMO! To say nothing about all of the other discussions about MMO that have taken place. I am not going to take any advice from the new guy who seems to think he knows it all but can't seem to count how many guys have talked positively about MMO in this ONE POST about MMO.

I just might send in for some MMO decals myself.

Last edited:
Mystic, guys like that can call me whatever they want.

Just dont call me late for dinner.

I just might send in for some MMO decals myself.

I'll see about decals. What size shirt do you wear? Your resident shill has small and medium, I sent Trav & Clubber the last XLs I had.

I typically don't read or post in additive threads but I will say this, If your engine has a sludge, consumption or a ticking noise problem try some additives like seal conditioner HM oil or a cleaner additive and maybe you will find one that works. Other than that there is no need to use the stuff. If it not broke don't fix it. Modern oil is very good and it has all you need for a engine in good condition.

Dan

Originally Posted By: DR Racing
I typically don't read or post in additive threads but I will say this, If your engine has a sludge, consumption or a ticking noise problem try some additives like seal conditioner HM oil or a cleaner additive and maybe you will find one that works. Other than that there is no need to use the stuff. If it not broke don't fix it. Modern oil is very good and it has all you need for a engine in good condition.

Dan

Or,

You have never encountered anything that required an additive.

Originally Posted By: Clubber_Lang

You're late for dinner....
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: Trajan

You're late for dinner....
whistle.gif

grin2.gif
grin2.gif
mad.gif
grin2.gif

lol, fighting words!

Originally Posted By: DR Racing

Dan

Or,

You have never encountered anything that required an additive.

My 356 has high valve spring tension and needs extra zddp. Did I use a additive? No I found an oil that already has it and is formulated to be balanced with it. Brad Penn. I can't think of a app other than a problem engine where a formulated oil is not available for a special need.

Dan

Based on my experience, MMO cleans better than even synthetic changed frequently over a long (40,000 miles) period. ymmv.

Based on my experience, MMO cleans better than even synthetic changed frequently over a long (40,000 miles) period. ymmv.

That's been my experience too, and as you say ymmv.

Thanks demarpaint. Since you don't have any of the XL left I will take both the small and the medium.

Thanks demarpaint. Since you don't have any of the XL left I will take both the small and the medium.

smile.gif
YOU GOT IT!

Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
Well there you go. Stock up.

Good idea. What size shirt do you wear?

Just for the heck of it wipe something down with MMO that flash rusts and see if it prevents rust.
smile.gif

Our resident anti noticed Mr. Kelly used a poor choice of words, coats would have been a better choice. I've seen some real winners on another message board where three people post and the owner edits their posts constantly. No point in linking there though it might violate board rules. Shill out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back