Fram Ultra's XG9688

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Swift101
Has anyone tired the XG9688 on a Hyundai/Kia, I'm interested in getting this filter but don't want any valvetrain noise.

I have one on the 1.8 Elantra at the moment. No start up rattle at all. The engine always had a little whine on start up, but it goes away within a few seconds. Did that when new w/ OEM filter. I too have had good luck with WIX filters.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Originally Posted By: Swift101
Has anyone tired the XG9688 on a Hyundai/Kia, I'm interested in getting this filter but don't want any valvetrain noise.

I have one on the 1.8 Elantra at the moment. No start up rattle at all. The engine always had a little whine on start up, but it goes away within a few seconds. Did that when new w/ OEM filter. I too have had good luck with WIX filters.

I have used aftermarket oil filters on my Hyundai Elantra (1.8L) with no issues at all. I have used the Hyundai OEM Oil Filter (#26300-35503) and the following aftermarket oil filters on this car with no problems: Mobil 1 EP (#M1-104), Purolator PureONE (#PL14459), Hastings Premium (#LF565), and FRAM Ultra Synthetic (#XG9688).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back