MMO, the real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another personal mmo success story...ive own a 2003 Corolla with 125,000 miles. Ive put about 60,000 of those miles on the car using nothing but mobil 1 5w30, changing every 5000 miles. For the last 40,000 miles ive had a check engine light on 75% of the time for code-camshaft position sensor. The car has always run great and a mechanic agreed that it was a fouled sensor. So i tried 20% mmo, mobil 1 and my regular filter (pureone-gasp) on the next oil change. The check engine light went out within 10 miles and has stayed off for 5000 miles. This has never happened before. It would be a heck of a coincidence. I think mmo cleaning abilities surpass even the leading synthetics additive packages.

Originally Posted By: cknight49090
Listen there is threads on this useless product everyday nobody with any sense supports this product to do anything only one person.Its a waste of time and money and for those that think octane booster does anything or people that think they can tell from their butt dyno when they use 93 instead of 87.Its good for nothing period............

Wow, I guess that you've had a bad day.
Sorry about that.
WRT the thread topic, quite a few longtime, respected members have reported good results with MMO.
You are in neither catagory.
Further, any owner of a car for which premium is recommended can tell the difference between an 87 octane fuel and a 93 octane fuel.
I can tell within a couple of miles when I've put a higher octane fuel in my old BMW, for example.
You can feel the timing being pulled on an 87 octane fuel, but not on premium.
The car is safe on either, per the OM, since the knock sensor will cause the timing to be pulled back as needed.

Originally Posted By: Clubber_Lang
Another personal mmo success story...ive own a 2003 Corolla with 125,000 miles. Ive put about 60,000 of those miles on the car using nothing but mobil 1 5w30, changing every 5000 miles. For the last 40,000 miles ive had a check engine light on 75% of the time for code-camshaft position sensor. The car has always run great and a mechanic agreed that it was a fouled sensor. So i tried 20% mmo, mobil 1 and my regular filter (pureone-gasp) on the next oil change. The check engine light went out within 10 miles and has stayed off for 5000 miles. This has never happened before. It would be a heck of a coincidence. I think mmo cleaning abilities surpass even the leading synthetics additive packages.

That's interesting. Over the years I added it to gas in a few vehicles where the fuel gauge wasn't working properly and they started working again. IIRC Techron is recommended for that as well.

MMO smells great... It's cheap... Acts as a UCL... Does wonders in small engines cleaning out the gummed up carbs and keeping them that way... Has the potential for sludge removal... Nice for cleaning firearms... Keeps outdoor pads locks working freely,...

Didn't Clevy mention how it softened up carbon build up on some cylinders that were inadvertently splashed while on his work bench?

And now I hear they give away stickers? hats? T-shirts?

What's the downside?

Heck, if you don't like it, don't but it & throw the $5 in the collection plate at church or something

Calling people fools... Scientific proof... Snake oil.

For heavens sake - haven't we seen this movie already? Like Rocky 15 or something...

Here is testament to Marvel Mystery Oil I thought I would share, for both the supporters and haters of MMO on this forum:

In the 1960s and 1970s, my grandfather was an 18 wheeler owner/operator, often driving cross country. He routinely got 1 million +! miles between rebuilds simply by always using 20% MMO and 80% engine oil. Of course this included regular recommended oil and filter changes, and engine tune ups. Keep in mind that this was during a time of greatly inferior oil base stock and detergent quality. When the engines were finally gone through they were amazingly clean, stuff of legend among mechanics in the area.

Discuss.
24.gif

One piece of unverifiable anecdotal evidence is all you have to offer? That's rather pathetic.

My guess, given the nature of your post, is that you enjoy starting posts you know will cause controversy. You certainly enjoy stirring up drama without providing any real evidence to back up your wild claims. I will give you credit for a vivid imagination, but nothing else.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Here is testament to Marvel Mystery Oil I thought I would share, for both the supporters and haters of MMO on this forum:

In the 1960s and 1970s, my grandfather was an 18 wheeler owner/operator, often driving cross country. He routinely got 1 million +! miles between rebuilds simply by always using 20% MMO and 80% engine oil. Of course this included regular recommended oil and filter changes, and engine tune ups. Keep in mind that this was during a time of greatly inferior oil base stock and detergent quality. When the engines were finally gone through they were amazingly clean, stuff of legend among mechanics in the area.

Discuss.
24.gif

One piece of unverifiable anecdotal evidence is all you have to offer? That's rather pathetic.

My guess, given the nature of your post, is that you enjoy starting posts you know will cause controversy. You certainly enjoy stirring up drama without providing any real evidence to back up your wild claims. I will give you credit for a vivid imagination, but nothing else.

just posted this, guess you missed it:

I find people who bash a product without A:knowing whats in it or B: Ever trying it are funny. I have nothing to hide there

And by the way Pops, I'm not the only supporter of this product. Many other members have good accounts of MMOs cleaning ability with pictures to document.

Wild claims eh?

What do you know about MMO?

Last edited:
It is almost becoming a badge of honor here to be a MMO user. Because whenever somebody posts about MMO and tries to have a nice, quiet discussion about MMO various guys arrive and attack people for using MMO. Aside from these guys saying that MMO is worthless, that some other product is better, that MMO is just kerosene, that there is no scientific proof that MMO works, etc., etc., etc....the MMO users are now told that they are 'fools' and that there is only one guy here at this website that likes, believes in, and uses MMO.

It certainly looks like a lot of guys here are using MMO and a lot of those guys say that it worked for them.

I would like to have some of those MMO hats, T-shirts, and decals also.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
It is almost becoming a badge of honor here to be a MMO user. Because whenever somebody posts about MMO and tries to have a nice, quiet discussion about MMO various guys arrive and attack people for using MMO. Aside from these guys saying that MMO is worthless, that some other product is better, that MMO is just kerosene, that there is no scientific proof that MMO works, etc., etc., etc....the MMO users are now told that they are 'fools' and that there is only one guy here at this website that likes, believes in, and uses MMO.

It certainly looks like a lot of guys here are using MMO and a lot of those guys say that it worked for them.

I would like to have some of those MMO hats, T-shirts, and decals also.

+100
I just sent out for the decals. Im a proud 3rd generation user of MMO.

Well, somebody needs to tell cknight49090 that it is not kerosene. It is also not an octane booster.

It has been around several decades and used properly does not seem to damage engines (Unless somebody tries to run 100% in an engine). It is supposed to be used 20% to 25% with motor oil (75% motor oil to 80% motor oil) and because it is thin it might be best to use it in the wintertime.

Considering how long it has been around if it did not work somebody should have found out by now. It can be used in the gas or in the motor oil.

It costs about five bucks and if somebody has a dirty engine it might be worth trying.

And a lot of guys here have tried it (not one guy cknight49090) and I don't think the guys who use it deserve to be called 'fools' by a brand new member who seems to lack respect for other members here.

And maybe someday here guys can have a discussion about MMO without being attacked, called silly names, and insulted.

I can hardly wait for my MMO decals.

Well I'm definitely sending off for the MMO decals. I use the stuff regularly, so I'm definitely going to stand behind it.

I add it to my gas about every 3rd or 4th tank in my 03 sable w/ 177k miles. I've noticed slightly improved response and MPG with it.. only slightly, but it's there.

Added it to my oil with about 400 miles left on my last OCI. Oil darkened up noticeably in that last 400 miles, and it looks super clean inside the fill hole now. Engine seems quieter too.

Always keep a quart handy
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Well I'm definitely sending off for the MMO decals. I use the stuff regularly, so I'm definitely going to stand behind it.

I add it to my gas about every 3rd or 4th tank in my 03 sable w/ 177k miles. I've noticed slightly improved response and MPG with it.. only slightly, but it's there.

Added it to my oil with about 400 miles left on my last OCI. Oil darkened up noticeably in that last 400 miles, and it looks super clean inside the fill hole now. Engine seems quieter too.

laugh.gif

a quart? Don't be stingy, buy it by the gallon
25.gif

Originally Posted By: Mystic
Well, somebody needs to tell cknight49090 that it is not kerosene. It is also not an octane booster.

The Mineral Spirits contained in MMO as part of the mix is a hydrotreated or "dearomitized" kerosene, a paraffinic hydrocarbon or C11-C14, n-alkanes.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SirTanon

laugh.gif

a quart? Don't be stingy, buy it by the gallon
25.gif

Haven't seen it at WalMart by the gallon, only by the quart... and it's only $4.67 or something like that for a quart.

The local AZ has it by the gallon, but the price-per-quart is higher than WalMart's quart price, so it's not worth it.

Select Walmarts carry the gallon size for a bit under $16 at least at the one where I saw it recently.

Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
Select Walmarts carry the gallon size for a bit under $16 at least at the one where I saw it recently.

True. Not all Walmarts carry the gallon. I have two Walmarts close to me that do not so when I go visit a friend of mine that lives about 45 miles away, I go to the Walmart there and usually get a couple gallons. It's almost like getting a quart free for each gallon.

One thing I noticed, the plastic bottles don't last very long. I usually refill a quart jug from a gallon jug. I picked up the quart bottle that was at least a year old and it just fell apart when I tried to take the top off. So, if you plan to refill a quart jug, check to make sure it is in good shape before refilling.

Originally Posted By: MrQuackers

Meijer stores carry in for $3.99 quart; Menards for $3.97 quart. You might also check at Tractor Supply or similar stores.

There is no need for its use with modern motor oils. There is no basis that I can see to claim that its cleaning abilities surpass modern additive packs either.

In that case there is no need for other products that claim to clean the engine either.

And don't forget that it can also be used in the gas. Might be useful in a dirty carb in a lawnmower, for example. It should be a decent fuel system cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back