What is the latest on the TWC/Comcast deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been following the news that close lately. Anyone got a good summary of what's been happening or will happen?

I heard through the grapevine that the TWC -> Comcast is a done deal. Shame, I do like TWC out here in Western New York.

Also read an article that 21st Century fox is looking to put a bid in? I'm confused.

My understanding:

Comcast wants to buy TWC but nothing official has taken place. The powers that be at TWC are okay with this.

21st Century Fox just threw out an offer and it was rejected.

To me, it seems that the powers-that-be at TWC have their mind set on being bought by Comcast.

If NewsCorp wanted TWC what would they do with DirectTV?

It seems someone could make a hybrid cable box that combines pizza-sized satellite dishes with cable and then they could stuff more bandwidth through that way.

Quote:

Anyone got a good summary of what's been happening or will happen?

Prices will go up, quality of service, down.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Miller88
My understanding:

Comcast wants to buy TWC but nothing official has taken place. The powers that be at TWC are okay with this.

To me, it seems that the powers-that-be at TWC have their mind set on being bought by Comcast.

21st Century Fox put a bid on Time Warner, not Time Warner Cable.

Time Warner Cable and Time Warner are two different corporations with nothing in common between them (except the historical name). Time Warner Cable was spun off from Time Warner in 2009 and have been completely unrelated after that point.

21st Century Fox's bid on Time Warner is completely unrelated to Comcast's plans concerning Time Warner Cable.

Originally Posted By: MrHorspwer
Originally Posted By: Miller88
My understanding:

21st Century Fox put a bid on Time Warner, not Time Warner Cable.

Time Warner Cable and Time Warner are two different corporations with nothing in common between them (except the historical name). Time Warner Cable was spun off from Time Warner in 2009 and have been completely unrelated after that point.

21st Century Fox's bid on Time Warner is completely unrelated to Comcast's plans concerning Time Warner Cable.

Did not know that

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
Dish network wants US government to block comcast-timewarner cable merger.

Good. If our representatives can only represent their own interests, then a business competitor with an opposing self-interest can serve our interest.
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back