Amsoil ASM 16,010 miles 1 year 08 Acura TL 3.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seb

Sample of the 7th oil change and cracked 100k. Seems like yesterday when I bought the car with 8 miles. I didn't test last year because I had a slight issue with the Fumato valve and the EaO filter at the same time in April
mad.gif
. Caught it in time but lost about a quart of oil so I decided to change the oil early. Overall, looks great. No change in oil consumption. Burns about a quart per OCI. Driving style is 60/40 highway/city. Car drives great and planning the 105k maintenance this fall (timing belt, water pump, spark plugs).

Disregard the "gal" in Sump capacity and Lube Added, replace it with "qt".

Sample 3 Old ASM
Sample 2 SSO 0w-30
Sample 1 SSO 0w-30 I'll warn Eddie when I sell this "oil burner"
lol.gif

Blackstone Sample 2 SSO 0w-30
Blackstone Sample 1 Havoline 10w-30

So maybe Amsoil's premium oil really is worth the money?
Looks good.
Doesn't seem to be any great difference in ending visc between your 0W-30 and 0W-20 runs.
I wonder how well M1 0W-20 in any flavor would have held up to this mileage?

I'm also interested in the Fumoto valve issue. I've always been skeptical of the Fumoto valve...afraid something might happen and dumping all the oil out. The Amsoil seems to be doing a great job for you.

he metals seem to be increasing slightly over previous reports. Still a good one though. Fumoto,used them since the early 1990s, built like a tank IMO, even ran over a concrete median once and shaved the nipple, still worked fine for years. Have had one on every car since 1992. My 92 Camry had one for over 20 years with no issues. Very very unlikely that spring loaded release can be triggered by anything other than a human hand

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
What issue did you have with the Fumoto valve?

Mostly my fault. I use the valve with a extension adapter. After 2 years of cold and hot cycles it was finger loose. I still use the valve and its great. But make sure to tighten the valve at least once a year.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Seb
Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
What issue did you have with the Fumoto valve?

Mostly my fault. I use the valve with a extension adapter. After 2 years of cold and hot cycles it was finger loose. I still use the valve and its great. But make sure to tighten the valve at least once a year.
Ah ok, good to know. I have one on my Silverado and one on the girlfriend's Mazda so I was curious.

I also have a 08 tl. 16,000 miles man...you have some guts! Thats a long time. I just did the 105k service (albeit at 125k). Took me 13 hours doing it by myself for the first time. I think next time I could easily cut it in half. If youre interested you can get kits on rockauto with oem parts. The oem water pump actually was an 'aisin" and Im mad at myself I paid big bucks to get a honda label because I read oemn was "yamada". oem bearings are koyo tens is aisin. Im afraid to to my valve adjust though, someday...The only real tricky part was the rear cam was fighting me...rolling a bit..trying to reinstall the timing belt. I had to remove the spark plugs (needed to do that anyway but wasnt planning just that minute) to release some compression. The hardest part for me was getting those 15 or so 10mm little timing cover bolts on and off. That was horrible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back