Drivers window squeak

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a very high pitched squeak happens just when I begin to lower it. Any idea what to use for the frame to stop the noise?

Id use Jig-aloo if you can find it or any light oil-less lubricant used for vinyl window frame slide. Elmers slide-all can be found at local hardware stores or google vinyl sliding window lubricant in shopping and you will find lots of online lube.

I would use Silicone Grease on all the seals. If you want to go pricey, this stuff is some of the best: http://www.amazon.com/Honda-Genuine-Shin-Etsu-Grease/dp/B006Z9TZ9M

Another more common lube that could work is dielectric grease.

That is, if the noise is from the rubber and glass, if it's the actual metal frame or motor, then, use something else.
smile.gif

Assuming it is the actual rubber-glass interface, Id clean the glass really well, wipe the rubber clkean with a damp cloth, and after it dries, spray it with some dry lube.

Dry lube is like aerosol teflon; I recall someone who worked in a factory stating that that was what was used at the factory!

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Assuming it is the actual rubber-glass interface, Id clean the glass really well, wipe the rubber clkean with a damp cloth, and after it dries, spray it with some dry lube.

Dry lube is like aerosol teflon; I recall someone who worked in a factory stating that that was what was used at the factory!

Found some in the garage and it worked like a charm- thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back