It's official.... Clarkson has lost his mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is one funny man, although his statement:
"DO YOU believe that America’s involvement in Iraq was righteous and justified? Do you have an attack dog? Do you believe everyone has a right to own as many automatic weapons as they [censored] well please and that Obama Barrack is basically a communist? Yes? So, of course, you drive a Chevrolet Corvette."

He really means Camaro and the dim bloke doesn't know it. (I have a Gen5 Camaro, so I know.)

Originally Posted By: ElastoHydro
That is one funny man, although his statement:
"DO YOU believe that America’s involvement in Iraq was righteous and justified? Do you have an attack dog? Do you believe everyone has a right to own as many automatic weapons as they [censored] well please and that Obama Barrack is basically a communist? Yes? So, of course, you drive a Chevrolet Corvette."

He really means Camaro and the dim bloke doesn't know it. (I have a Gen5 Camaro, so I know.)

He simply re-used a line from something else, and hoped that it was believable enough to work by substituting "Corvette" in.

It just sounded like the stereotyping I hear about my 5th generation Camaro, including Transformers comments of course! Women I've dated have unanimously thought it was not a classy car, that I needed a BMW or something to look cool, and that I need to buy a stained wife-beater t-shirt to wear to match it. Funny people. Yep, funny.

clarkson liked the previous gen corvette quite a bit too, except for the obvious rear end flappy junk quality bumper.

It just sounded like the stereotyping I hear about my 5th generation Camaro, including Transformers comments of course! Women I've dated have unanimously thought it was not a classy car, that I needed a BMW or something to look cool, and that I need to buy a stained wife-beater t-shirt to wear to match it. Funny people. Yep, funny.

I do not fit into/believe any of those stereotypes either, and I own/drive even more of a 'mullet mobile' than your ride (a 4th gen f body).
But I know what you are speaking of as concerns the women, as in this particular elitest area in which I live, a new Porsche Boxster/Cayman is barely considered the minimum acceptable sporty car status symbol to their (uneducated as far as things automotive go) minds.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

I do not fit into/believe any of those stereotypes either, and I own/drive even more of a 'mullet mobile' than your ride (a 4th gen f body).
But I know what you are speaking of as concerns the women, as in this particular elitest area in which I live, a new Porsche Boxster/Cayman is barely considered the minimum acceptable sporty car status symbol to their (uneducated as far as things automotive go) minds.
frown.gif

"mullet-mobile"! Funny stuff. I know, I tried to tell one lady how the Camaro was a Zeta-chassis, independent rear, high-tech V6 modern machine, but to no avail, as they only see the word "Camaro". I've dated several over the last 4 years, and the hotter they are, the more they 'require' a German car, image, image, image....

Sorry! I got off subject. You gotta love Clarkson, he could do a stand-up comedy act talking nothing but cars. Fact is, he has met his match with the StingRay, one of the best cars you can drive, hands down quality.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Originally Posted By: razel
Clarkson does like riding brute beasts. He also did/does own a Ford GT.

Did own one. It was a lemon and Ford bought it back.

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/579531-Jeremy-Clarkson-Gives-Back-His-Ford-GT

Knowing that, any bets on if the Stingray that he got to test was a ringer?

GM typically does not provide Ringers anymore. They were caught doing this in the 60's with a GTO they furnished. Mr. Clarkson is an ENTERTAINER, not a real automotive journalist. You must factor that in when watching his show.

The new Vette is an awesome bargain, right out of the box.

Clarkson's stage persona has been good for his career and entertaining for those with an interest in cars.

In America when a car that's being tested does not measure up it gets glossed over. In the UK it gets called a piece of [censored]. There is little doubt about the test driver's opinion. I like that.

Originally Posted By: CBR.worm
It's interesting, I have never put together that high maintenance women require high maintenance cars.

It might depend on the area, and just how elitest/'statusie'/snooty/Thurston Howell the 3rdish they are, and what they actually "expect" and even take for granted if one is living in these locales.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back