Contacted Purolator about torn media

Status
Not open for further replies.
I contacted purolator about the torn media situation that I encountered with the pure one that came off my '13 Sierra. They sent me a packet to return it in, and it came with Mann-Hummel identification on it. Has Purolator been bought out by Mann-Hummel? Maybe this has some correlation to the media failures some of us have been experiencing. I don't have any experience with the Mann stuff. I've seen it in the stores but I thought it might be something that comes into town, and then disappears like so many other brands we've seen over the years, so I never bothered to try one.

Originally Posted By: thomasew
Has Purolator been bought out by Mann-Hummel? .

Yes. From Mann+Hummel website:

"Ludwigsburg (Germany) / Fayetteville, NC (USA), March 27, 2013 – The MANN+HUMMEL Group, based in Ludwigsburg, Germany, takes over Purolator filters LLC, previously a joint venture between Bosch and MANN+HUMMEL. Antitrust authorities have now approved the transaction. The business will continue to be based in Fayetteville, NC (USA), but will be re-named to MANN+HUMMEL Purolator Filters LLC. "

as r80rs said, Mann Hummel Does indeed own Purolator, but just to add a layer of clarity, or re-statement of what they previously posted from the mann website, it wasn't a recent buy out.

Purolator used to be a 50/50 joint Venture between Bosch, and Mann+Hummel.

sometime in the last couple Years Bosch pulled out of the venture, selling their stake to Mann+Hummel

Any Purolator, Mann+Hummel, or Bosch Filters Labeled "made in the USA" are Made by Purolator, with (iirc) the Bosch, & Mann Filters being basically PureOnes with a different paint job.

Contrary to a clandestined view, in the 'relatively recent' (concluded end first quarter 2013) buyout by H&M, Bosch divested itself of it's 50% stake. And has been pointed out by others and a google search will confirm, Bosch has divested itself of several operations/enterprises relatively recently.

But more significantly imo, Bosch has continued to have it's US made filters made by Purolator now under sole H&M ownership.

Don't know about any correlation of the tears to the change in ownership. I'll leave that to tin foil hatters, as there appears to be many willing to fill that roll.

Originally Posted By: earlyre
Any Purolator, Mann+Hummel, or Bosch Filters Labeled "made in the USA" are Made by Purolator, with (iirc) the Bosch, & Mann Filters being basically PureOnes with a different paint job.

Bosch Premiums are basically PureOnes but the Mann filters are nothing but Classics with a different label. At least the white cans are. Someone mentioned they are black now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back