Polaris Slingshot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I think the thing is downright ugly. However, it still looks like it would be a blast to drive. (or ride?) I could never justify spending $20-25K on it though.

Ok so i agree on the super ugly factor especially in the rear. It looks like a mix between a utv and that can am 3 wheeled bike thing. If it was me i would buy the new elio motors car that gets mad mpg and looks better. Although lacking in the performance department.

I kind of like the idea of a street type buggy with modern power. This may not be the greatest example of one but the mode of transport itself to be less expensive in fuel but this is on the very high end in my opinion.
The big 3 should get on this type of platform. Using the motorcycle platform means way less cost since lots of safety gear is omitted.
And a turbo 4 in that thing would be exhilarating,or a v6 and melt that rear tire off.
Could be fun.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

And a turbo 4 in that thing would be exhilarating,or a v6 and melt that rear tire off.
Could be fun.

I would guess it's FWD.

But still *****!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: expat
Originally Posted By: Clevy

Could be fun.

I would guess it's FWD.

But still *****!

Nope, it's RWD.

2015-Polaris-Slingshot-fram.jpg

It's RWD, and the engine is an EcoTec from GM. I'd bet someone could easily swap in the 2.4 turbo from the Cobalt SS for some serious power. Of course 270hp and only one wheel might be too much.

I don't really think the Slingshot will sell well. Its not enough of a motorcycle for former 2 wheel riders to be interested in it, and its not much of a car. For the money, you can buy a used convertible of similar performance.
I'm sure some people will get one for its uniqueness and maybe they really like mad max movies?
I do see quite a few can am spyders with 2 older folks on and a small trailer behind, so there is a market for well designed trike. The slingshot isn't it though.

Originally Posted By: dja4260
I didn't see a thread was already created. oops

That's fine. Who's to say whether it should be classified as a motorcycle or something else...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back