Women and guns

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this article was interesting.

CNN article

The story could have ended in the first paragraph. If the now-single mother had armed herself, instead of waiting for 911 to arrive, there would BE no story...

My wife knows how to use our firearms at home for a case just like this. Not an angry ex- (neither of us have ex-s), but any intruder looking to knock down the door. In that case, the police come for cleanup. Or...that's the plan at least.

The View(TV show) has a good take on this subject. 75% of the panel thought having a gun handy was a good idea. No idea how 100% don't grasp this concept. Why wait 3-30 for someone with a gun to show up when you need a gun now.

When Ms Molecule was an ER nurse (having been called in at any hour of the night), she packed all the way into the ER.

She was very proficient with any 0.3X caliber.

Originally Posted By: hatt
The View(TV show) has a good take on this subject. 75% of the panel thought having a gun handy was a good idea. No idea how 100% don't grasp this concept. Why wait 3-30 for someone with a gun to show up when you need a gun now.

I have had to call the police for someone trying to break into my apartment. They never came because the person had not broken into my apartment yet.

Originally Posted By: Miller88

I have had to call the police for someone trying to break into my apartment. They never came because the person had not broken into my apartment yet.
Sounds about right. Barring incredible luck. The only person that's going to be there to help you with criminals is you. The police are coming to write the report on how the event played out.

Best gun for small frame people like me is a 20 gauge shotgun.

I have a Remington 870, Jr model, with 18 inch barrel.

Easy to shoot, deadly at 10-20 feet, and I don't have to worry where the bullet went...

Last edited:
A few years ago there was a horrific shooting in a California hair salon where several people were shot dead. This happened to be the very first day my wife carried her concealed weapon to work, as a hairdresser. I'm not saying my wife is any kind of hero, but I know her well enough that I know had she been in this situation she would have, if able, taken her weapon out and tried to take this cretin out. She's a very capable firearm handler and a good shot to boot.

A friends husband went on military deployment.
Three day after he left, some local lowlifes broke into the house, while she was home alone with their baby...

She had a 12 gauge, this was Texas, and the husband was a Marine, the wife an ex-Marine...

Guess the outcome...

One dead in the living room, one dead on the front porch, and one in the local hospital...

Ouch...

Originally Posted By: Mfrank84
A few years ago there was a horrific shooting in a California hair salon where several people were shot dead...

Yeah and the deranged ex had a restraining order against him so of course he had no access to any guns.

Originally Posted By: hatt
Originally Posted By: Miller88

Sounds about right. Barring incredible luck. The only person that's going to be there to help you with criminals is you. The police are coming to write the report on how the event played out.

I live in a second floor apartment. Legally, in NY State, my only option is to jump out the second story window and pray the person doesn't fall and break their arm or something while in my apartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back