A Drone Just Flew Over The House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was doing some work outside when I heard a buzzing sound and as I looked up I saw green and red lights flying over the house. I freaked out for a minute not knowing what it was but this thing can stop on dime and reverse course very quickly. Quite a spectacle. Got to get me one.

That was not a drone, that was a UFO. They're here.
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
Originally Posted By: hatt
Should have gotten the shotgun out.

X2. Shoot it next time.

x3!

Friend of mine lives on the 26th floor, and one with a camera was outside, with a camera lens pointed in his window. It's akin to some creepy dude walking across your yard to stare at your wife through the kitchen window, just in 3 dimensions.

Which brings up the question- what size shot is appropriate for drones? I don't think we'd want the really small stuff like #7 1/2, #8 or #9- say, begin with #4, or maybe #2 or even BB. Pattern density vs retained energy- hmm.
grin2.gif

You guys might as well get used to it because in the not so distant future, the UPS truck and the FedEx truck will be replaced by drones and they'll be landing on your front lawn.

i'd be tempted with incendiary rounds and flechette rounds depending on its construction, or if they're not suited an aerosol paint on the end of a long stick could disable the camera then they'd be flying blind and most likely crash
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Nick R
ITT: Paranoid people

Would you be happy with cameras in your bedroom ?

You've got nothing to hide really...

weighted nets might be an idea

Originally Posted By: c502cid
Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl

X2. Shoot it next time.

x3!

X4 Good target practice
wink.gif

This hobby drone [censored] is going to drive a definition of what airspace around private property is the private, i.e., how far up into the air does your "yard" extend? FAA restricts drones to 400' AGL ceiling when in controlled airspace, so what eventually becomes accepted as the invisible "curtilage" of a private house/yard/property in the air above and around it will theoretically be the floor under which they are prohibited to fly.

Right now it's anyone's guess.

For me, any "drone" (glorified RC copter) below nearby tree tops and over my yard qualifies as a clay pigeon, until this is sorted out. Pull!

Originally Posted By: UncleS2
Which brings up the question- what size shot is appropriate for drones? I don't think we'd want the really small stuff like #7 1/2, #8 or #9- say, begin with #4, or maybe #2 or even BB. Pattern density vs retained energy- hmm.
grin2.gif

Trap & Skeet load ought to do the trick.

Originally Posted By: dparm
I wish people would stop calling them drones. They're R/C helicopters.

This is a drone:

predator.jpg

DRONE as defined by Merriam-Webster

: 1 : a stingless male bee (as of the honeybee) that has the role of mating with the queen and does not gather nectar or pollen 2 : one that lives on the labors of others : parasite 3 : an unmanned aircraft or ship guided by remote control or onboard computers

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: Nick R
ITT: Paranoid people

Would you be happy with cameras in your bedroom ?

You've got nothing to hide really...

weighted nets might be an idea

01.gif

Originally Posted By: dparm
I wish people would stop calling them drones. They're R/C helicopters.

This is a drone:

predator.jpg

Agreed however some folks have made primitive ones where I work using Andrino boards or Raspberri Pi computers coupled to a GPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back