Price Of Gas.. Really Dropped Today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: javacontour
Feel free to start an oil company, find the oil, drill for it, refine it, and deliver it to the station and sell it for that price if you think that's what it should be.

Everyone is willing to say what it should be. But none of those saying what it should be are actually offering any gas for sale.

It's easy to say it should be $2.50/gallon. It's harder to actually do the work and provide that $2.50/gallon gasoline that should be on the market.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
But for once I agree with grampi....but as he says, in order to keeping growing an economy based on buying stuff, more people should be able to buy instead of someone profiting on it....

Treading lightly here, from my interactions with some of the people who are from some of these countries (by no means a representative sample of the populace therein), they indicate that such prices are often just a bone thrown to the people by the governments. The oil companies don't care whether they get their money from the people at the pumps or the government as subsidies. We freak about ethanol subsidies, yet stare glowingly at countries that subsidize 95% of the cost at the pumps?

Do note that the U.S. (and even Canada) still enjoy very, very good gas prices. The real exceptions in the world are those that are taxed even higher than the Canadian model and those that heavily subsidize the price of gas. Our gas prices are actually very similar to American gas prices, when the layers of taxes are peeled away and the exchange rate is factored in.

While true, It still needs to come down some more. I'm figuring around 2.50 or so would do it......While we'll never get back to those real cheap days, even an extra buck in their pockets will help....

There are things within the oil industry that could be done differently to bring prices down, however, this isn't what the industry wants, and they have enough clout to keep things the way they want them...

Currently $3.24 here for RUG.
However, Price Hike Alert had been issued by Gas Buddy projecting $3.55 +/- 10 cents.

3.53 at Costco in Southern Riverside County. Most others (Arco, USA, etc.) are about 3.65. Chevron 3.75 - 3.85

Last edited:
Had to fill the big truck and lucked out at $3.12 locally today. Pump shut off at $75 and guess I should have restarted the pump to pumped maybe another 10 gallons but was short on time. Does anyone know why the drop this time?

Originally Posted By: GaleHawkins
Does anyone know why the drop this time?

Spot crude and gasoline futures prices dropped in concert during the first two weeks of September.

Why? Supply, Demand, Geopolitical, Act(s) of God, one or more or none of the above; take your pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back