Fram Ultra FAILURE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Failures with Fram filters? This can't be...they don't have failures...just ask Zee0Six and jcwit...

Apparently you didn't seem my comment in this thread. Also, apparently you haven't got all that sand out of your undies yet.
grin.gif

I thought you said there were no Fram faliures?

Really, please go find my quote(s) if you think that. I said that over the last 5+ years I have not seen a rash of threads, posts and photos of failed Frams like what we've been seeing with the Purolators. You then "claim" that Frams were failing left and right over the last 20 years, but you refuse to show even a hint of evidence that your claim is true.

Failures with Fram filters? This can't be...they don't have failures...just ask Zee0Six and jcwit...

Apparently you didn't seem my comment in this thread. Also, apparently you haven't got all that sand out of your undies yet.
grin.gif

I thought you said there were no Fram faliures?

Really, please go find my quote(s) if you think that. I said that over the last 5+ years I have not seen a rash of threads, posts and photos of failed Frams like what we've been seeing with the Purolators. You then "claim" that Frams were failing left and right over the last 20 years, but you refuse to show even a hint of evidence that your claim is true.

I suppose this thread doesn't show any evidence of that either...

Until Fram solves their cartridge filter problems, avoid Fram Ultra cartridges. Use Wix/NAPAgold instead, hoping they stay glued as well.

Originally Posted By: jcwit
Grampi, are you trying to do to this thread what you did to the other thread?

Just wondering?

What I did to it? Lol! You gonna start with the name calling again?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: telecat
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: telecat
THANK YOU! This IS what you get with such extended OCI/OFI.

Jesus wept.

Potential sludge issues aside, a filter should not have disintegrated like that, IMO.

With that OCI/FCI, yes, it probably should.

Nope, the OEM filters survive just fine on that FCI/OCI thank you. I mean, it's a cartridge, it isn't like you can readily ignore its condition upon removal.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

I suppose this thread doesn't show any evidence of that either...

Did I say it didn't show evidence of a failure? Again, go read what I said in this thread. Wow, you're obviously fishing along with trollcat.
Trolling.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: ElastoHydro
Until Fram solves their cartridge filter problems, avoid Fram Ultra cartridges. Use Wix/NAPAgold instead, hoping they stay glued as well.

I'll take a Wix over a Fram any day...and I won't have to worry about the filter coming apart either...

The Fram Ultra cartridge filter for the BMW isn't cheap either, I priced one out at a Walmart near Rochester, NY and it was $25!! I'm glad I didn't buy it! I ended up buying the Fram Extraguard for my wife's car but haven't used it yet and am going to try to pick up a Mann filter today at Partsource instead. If the Ultra cartridge filter is not that well built, then just imagine how bad their entry level one might be!!

Millions of cars & trucks have used various models of Fram with no ill results.

Millions of cars & trucks have used various models of Wix with no ill results.

Millions of cars & trucks have used various models of Purolator with no ill results.

Millions of cars & trucks have used various models and various branded Champion Lab filters with no ill results.

Millions of cars & trucks are damaged or destroyed by drunk drivers every year, let alone the injured and deaths.

Then to we have cell phones while driving.

Priorities???????????????????????????????????????

Millions of cars & trucks have used various models of Fram with no ill results.

Millions of cars & trucks have used various models of Wix with no ill results.

Millions of cars & trucks have used various models of Purolator with no ill results.

Millions of cars & trucks have used various models and various branded Champion Lab filters with no ill results.

Millions of cars & trucks are damaged or destroyed by drunk drivers every year, let alone the injured and deaths.

Then to we have cell phones while driving.

Priorities???????????????????????????????????????

WTH are you talking about? Did you forget to take your meds?

Obvious you failed to get the connection.

Peace brother!

There is no connection...you failed to take your meds!

There is no connection...you failed to take your meds!

Little do you know, especially about me and my medical condition.

May the force be with you!

Think it's more along the lines of a the farce be with him.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back