Walmart selling opened jugs for disct rate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
Guess what happens? Lowlife buys cheap closeout oil for a few bucks and buys Pennzoil synthetic. Pennzoil does not even use foil seals. Use the synthetic oil, refill with elcheapo clearance oil and return to Walmart.

Now I'm concerned I have something other than PP 5w20 in my car......

I have been using PU 5W30 for a while and it was time to change the oil in my wife’s SUV and wanted to try PUP. Went to the WM I always go to and no PU, no PUP, and no shelf space for either. Went to WM online and found PUP not available online but they did have PU. It was free shipping so I ordered 2 jugs. The oil arrived two days later and as was carrying the box from the front porch to my garage the bottom of the box literally fell open and the two jugs of PU were shortly bouncing on my tile floor. Fortunately the jugs did not burst and all was well. The following Saturday I was dumped the oil from the SUV, changed the oil filter, and so one and then grabbed one of the jugs. At this point I noticed the stick on coupon or whatever on the outside of the jugs was missing and seal on the jug I had in my hand had been broken. The oil was new but I have no idea if it was really PU 5W30 but I have faith that it was.

I assume the oil I ordered came from a WM warehouse so if that is indeed the case it is not simply low life WM customers tampering with the jugs but the WM employees as well.

Most Walmart jugs say Walmart towards the lower end of the front. I believe all the PNZL do.

Originally Posted By: lonestar
I have been using PU 5W30 for a while and it was time to change the oil in my wife’s SUV and wanted to try PUP. Went to the WM I always go to and no PU, no PUP, and no shelf space for either. Went to WM online and found PUP not available online but they did have PU. It was free shipping so I ordered 2 jugs. The oil arrived two days later and as was carrying the box from the front porch to my garage the bottom of the box literally fell open and the two jugs of PU were shortly bouncing on my tile floor. Fortunately the jugs did not burst and all was well. The following Saturday I was dumped the oil from the SUV, changed the oil filter, and so one and then grabbed one of the jugs. At this point I noticed the stick on coupon or whatever on the outside of the jugs was missing and seal on the jug I had in my hand had been broken. The oil was new but I have no idea if it was really PU 5W30 but I have faith that it was.

I assume the oil I ordered came from a WM warehouse so if that is indeed the case it is not simply low life WM customers tampering with the jugs but the WM employees as well.

I believe you may be right because I tried to find unopened jugs of QSUD at a WM, but there were none on the shelf. I let the WM employee know about it. She went to the back/stock room and brought a box of QSUD up front to provide some to me that had not been tampered with, and lo and behold ... all of those jugs from the back had been opened also. She also said that she could tell the box had been opened and then taped up.

I'm beginning to think this has been a regrettable exercise for SOPUS.

Originally Posted By: wemay

Could be. But as a consumer benefiting from the program I can't complain. Depending on how you look at it, I've saved $500 on gasoline (two entire road trips), or have been collecting two years worth of top shelf synthetic motor oil for $1.40/quart. Or both.

It has undoubtedly been some kind of mess for Walmart, but I doubt, considering the size of their waste, lost and damaged merchandise, or merchandise return in general, that they will really notice.

I'm still going strong though, i think I'll be collecting 2 jugs of oil per tank of fuel in the Jeep from now to Christmas, there is just no reason to not continue to build stash of PU or PPPP at $1.40/qt. I hand Walmart $54 for 10 quarts of oil, walk out the door, go to the local shell station, and they give me $40 back.

I should mention, on my last fill-up I paid $0.39 for a 20 gallon fill up. I just giggled when I saw the total at the pump. Viva La Pennzoil Fuel Rewards!

Originally Posted By: RGR
Originally Posted By: wemay

Could be. But as a consumer benefiting from the program I can't complain. Depending on how you look at it, I've saved $500 on gasoline (two entire road trips), or have been collecting two years worth of top shelf synthetic motor oil for $1.40/quart. Or both.

It has undoubtedly been some kind of mess for Walmart, but I doubt, considering the size of their waste, lost and damaged merchandise, or merchandise return in general, that they will really notice.

I'm still going strong though, i think I'll be collecting 2 jugs of oil per tank of fuel in the Jeep from now to Christmas, there is just no reason to not continue to build stash of PU or PPPP at $1.40/qt. I hand Walmart $54 for 10 quarts of oil, walk out the door, go to the local shell station, and they give me $40 back.

I should mention, on my last fill-up I paid $0.39 for a 20 gallon fill up. I just giggled when I saw the total at the pump. Viva La Pennzoil Fuel Rewards!

I totally agree! But, at what point do you stop? I have 36 (5) quart jugs sitting in the garage!

Originally Posted By: Cooper
Originally Posted By: RGR

I'm still going strong though, i think I'll be collecting 2 jugs of oil per tank of fuel in the Jeep from now to Christmas, there is just no reason to not continue to build stash of PU or PPPP at $1.40/qt.

I totally agree! But, at what point do you stop? I have 36 (5) quart jugs sitting in the garage!

I'm not sure. My last stash I went to 200+ quarts, and then Advance Auto stopped the promotion, otherwise I might have kept going. I still have some of that left, but it will be gone by next summer. So as I build a new stash, I don't know where to stop except under the same conditions, the promotion ends in December, I continue to buy 10 quarts per tank of gas on the Jeep, 2 tanks per month, 5 months to go, 100 quarts of buying left? To add to my stash of 120+ right now? I end up at about the same place as I did last time, and probably have 3-4 years of oil by that point.

So I guess the answer is, I don't stop, the conditions allowing me to build the stash stop. Or the wife notices and orders me to stop
mad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back