using an electric leaf blower to dry car

Status
Not open for further replies.
when I wash my car once a year, I need to remember to use my leaf blower. thanks guys for the tip!

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I use a gas blower, since its what I have, and I wouldn't want to hassle with extension cords and the likely wispiness of electric. All depends upon how the exhaust comes out. It works great.

I don't like extension cords either so I use this ...

Originally Posted By: Zeus33
Originally Posted By: Traction
I've been drying my cars with a leaf blower for 20 yrs. Works great getting water out of all handles, mirrors, trim etc. One micro fiber towel gets the rest. Easy, ONLY if you have good coat of wax. If the water beads nicely you can also make it easier to dry if you remove the spray nozzle from your hose, and flood the surface with a solid stream of water, and most of the water sheets and runs right off. Try it!

This. A good coat of protection (sealant/wax) makes all the difference in the world. Flood, then blow dry and finish the few remaining spots with MF towel.

And yes, the neighbors look at you funny. Ironically, I have seen a few of mine trying it after they saw me do it.

I have been using the elect leaf blower method on my lastest car and I have to say with a good coat of protection is makes drying the car a snap. Just need to hit a few spots with a WW towel afterwards and you are done!

My wife and daughter call it my big hairdryer for my car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back