Favorite cut of steak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As [censored] as the economy has been, for so long... I don't care, just as long as it isn't a tube steak.

I'm less concerned about the cut and more about how it's prepared.

Salt, pepper, apply very high heat for a short amount of time, done.

steak in the op looks like the state of texas

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Tri Tip

the butchers choice
thumbsup2.gif

Skirt steak; silver skin removed and pounded to an even thickness. Rubbed with salt and pepper and marinated for 24 hours in a mojo marinate, grilled over white hot charcoal to make a crispy exterior and the inside medium-rare. Eaten in fajitas or plain with a bit of Peter Luger's.

The "tomahawk" at the Zenith steakhouse in Twin Arrows resort was in a single word awesome, and in a few more words, probably the best steak (the four of us) have eaten...we had another one the next night.

Whatever I can get on sale. Local stores have a "marked down" case at the end of the meat counter and have bought quite a few ribeyes-NY strips-filet mignon often 30-40% less than original price...sometimes more.

Hanger.

I do like chewing, so even a tough as nails chuck or rump steak grilled with just salt and pepper is fine with me. People do look at me strange as I'm gnawing on it.

Rib eye.

We just picked up a side of beef about a month ago. Locally raised animal from here in our county, butchered at a local shop. It's delicious.

NY strip, rib-eye, porterhouse, T-bone. Preferably > 1" thick...with sauted mushrooms, garlic, herb bread and a nice bottle of Zinfandel.

I love animals. They're delicious!

Every week year around, the wife grills Rib-Eye, Baby Backs and Tri-Tip. Does get kind of old after years, but at least she does them in various ways (rubs, marinade etc. & Tri-Tip from slabs to ka-bobs to tri-tip sandwich etc.). Those 3 are main stay meals weekly. She'll grill all winter no matter the weather and summer triple digits. Build a wind/weather block with heaters for winter and fans for summer. I'm not going to call her crazy because I like to eat & live.
Prime Rib maybe every 2 months + smoked brisket & chicken.
But I think grilled fresh caught salmon today, grilled rib-eye tomorrow since I got a peek in the fridge.

Originally Posted By: GrtArtiste
Whatever I can get on sale. Local stores have a "marked down" case at the end of the meat counter and have bought quite a few ribeyes-NY strips-filet mignon often 30-40% less than original price...sometimes more.

^^This
You can often find good deals on certain days of the week.
Beef prices are high at the moment, largely as a result of the severe drought in the southwest.
Many cuts are good if properly prepared.
You can take a cheap chuck steak, which does have a nice flavor, and make it tender and delicious by using the right marianade and not grilling or broiling it too long.
Other cuts that benefit from this treatment are London Broil and flank steak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back