Sensen Struts, talk me into or out of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently have them on my car and couldn't be happier with them. I paid $110 shipped from APX Auto on eBay.

I see alot of negative comments and opinions from peoople who have never run them. When I researched before buying, I saw a lot of folks parroting "OMG they are Chinese and will kill you and your family and a bus full of nuns" from people with no personal experience with these struts(not just opinions because they are like sphyncters).

Every actual review from first hand accounts I ever read was positive. In this online world of today, you need to consider that (mostly) only negatives are ever posted on the net, so you then have to ask yourself "where are the negative reviews?".

Get them, you wont be sorry. They ride a little bit stiffer than OEM in my application, and I like it that way.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: asand1
Just over a year on mine.
http://forums.maxima.org/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999/667763-sensen-struts-shocks.html

Well, that's hardly a feat now, is it? Come back several years from now and close to 100k miles and tell us how they're holding up.

Struts are labour intensive enough to me that I would use as close to OEM quality struts as I possibly could, unless the car is a beater and will be junked/sold soon.

On a vehicle with some value Bilstein all the way, I won't buy any other shock, nothing is as good at 100k miles as at mile 1.

On that car I think KYB's will serve you well.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ

Well, that's hardly a feat now, is it?

Perhaps not, but 12,000 miles and 1 year is a better testament than a scared little man chanting the "but its made in China" mantra, with zero actual experience with the parts in question.

In regards to my own Toyota, unless they made some changes to the OEM struts I wouldn't (and didn't) buy another set. It's a known issue that they develop leaks a lot sooner than you expect of an acceptable quality strut.

Originally Posted By: Mykl
In regards to my own Toyota, unless they made some changes to the OEM struts I wouldn't (and didn't) buy another set. It's a known issue that they develop leaks a lot sooner than you expect of an acceptable quality strut.

This is news to me. Never had a leakage problem on my original OEM struts/shocks on my Toyota's. Won't buy the OEM since there so expensive compared to aftermarket. With Advance coupon and rebate got 2 Monroe struts and two shocks for the price of one OEM Toyota strut.

If these Monroe's fail me I'll never buy again. Had trouble with them many years ago on a Dodge Caravan where they didn't last and Dodge OEM where better and cheaper.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back