Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: wag123
Excellent post Coronamaker.
Thank you.

+1

+2

My 2003 4.0 Ford Ranger will get a full dose of Liqui Moly MOS2 in the next week or so with a oil change of Valvoline NextGen 5w-30 and Motorcraft FL820S.

The truck gets driven around 5k a year.

Probably will also put in a Reusable air filter of some kind as well.

Do the MOS2, skip the Reusable Air Filter.

Lots of results via UOA here say they are dubious at best.
Increased silicon levels seen with them don't support long OCI's.

All evidence I've seen points towards that You are better off just changing out a quality air filter every 15,000 miles.

Originally Posted By: SuperDave456
Do the MOS2, skip the Reusable Air Filter.

+1 on both points.

Some years back on another Forester, I tried a K&N air filter. It was a royal PITA and I could see no benefit. If you put on too much oil, your MAF would turn to mush. Too little oil and the filter did no good. When I got ready to sell the vehicle, I left the K&N in place. The very first guy who looked at the vehicle immediately noticed the K&N air filter. He was really impressed! I think it sealed the deal, so it turned out to be a good thing after all.

I have similar experiences with K&N's, filtration result was poor (some dust in manifold when oiled as guided and filtration area is much smaller than with normal paper filter), don't buy them.

But Mos2 seem's doing good, 500 miles after oil change + adding a can of Liquimoly Mos2 cam surface has coated beautifully and fuel economy seems good.

Originally Posted By: Nebroch
Pic: http://www.aijaa.com/img/b/00145/13414511.jpg

That picture is pretty impressive Nebroch, a picture is worth a thousand words, it is proof that MoS2 does what they say it does! The naysayers will likely say "the cam lobe probably looked like that before the MoS2 treatment", or something along those lines.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I didn't like it with EDGE gold bottle W/TI, BUT IT SEEMED FINE WITH Synpower (that has no moly).

Titanium and MolyB does not mix well, which is what you noticed. I didn't save the link where it mentioned the two does not mix will.

The military aviation side swears by MolyB. so yes it does work and is not snake oil.

I'd need boroscope to take that, engine is fully working and there's no oil leaks or anything so I don't wan't to risk it by disassembling.

I added some to our 2008 Jeep Liberty 3.7L V6 that has a hair under 100k on the clock.

Oil change was done with Synpower 0w-20 and a Fram Ultra filter.

Before that It ran for around 7k on Maxlife 5w-20 with Ceratek added. Mostly highway miles at that time.

Due to a new job my wife will drive it for maybe 15 miles a day.

So going with 5k OCI this time.

I did the switch to a full syn 0w-20 with the MOS2 in the hopes it would be good cold start protection and help with reducing engine wear as the Jeep will not reach full operating temps on most days.

A 1958 Willys Jeep I6 that ran 30km without oil just the remainings with Molycote. No sump, 1966 oil. They Put the oil back and the engine was pretty fine ... Maybe a clinger ester + MOs2
Any car with any remanings could do that and keep usable? better at 2:20 ... 10 laps at Buenos aires race track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q47dAaaEFk8

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back