Star-Brite nonskid deck cleaner with PFTE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried some of this stuff, following the directions and it does not appear to be any better than boat soap? The boat sat under some trees for over one year (through fault of mine).

Anyone have good luck with this? Or try another brand.

Only the nonskid areas are grimy.

I use it. Seems to work fine, but mine is usually just typical environmental fallout on the topsides from dust, pollen, rain, etc.

I have mixed a small abount of bleach into boat soap at the end of season and it brightened it up nicely.

Simple green seems to work on just about everything, as a bonus it even smells nice. If it needs to be brightened up, I would scrub it with a bleach solution after using the simple green, don't mix bleach with other cleaners as they can react and create chlorine gas which is pretty efficient at killing you.

Donald- meant to reply to this thread earlier but have been busy burning up the pavement on my motorcycle. I use this cleaner exclusively on my Gulfstream. The original container dispenses to much product. Put it in a spray bottle. Wet the floor of your boat and then spray the entire area with the cleaner. Next get a boat deck brush or brush of your choosing, wet the bristles and scrub the cleaner. You don't need to scrub hard. Wait 5-10 min then rinse the cleaner out the back of the boat. Worse case scenario you may have to do this twice but the floor will be snow white. It also leaves a light teflon coating so future stains will be easier to remove. Fish blood, spilled drinks etc. easily rinse right off my deck.

FRP ? (Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic)

Dirt,Grime,Mildew,Mold,Etc.,Fish Guts,Blood of any Type...

1. FSR (Fiberglass Stain Remover)

http://www.davisnet.com/marine/products/list_marine.asp?grp=m17-2

1a. Off Brand "Not Recommended" DESPERATE ACTION for Stains nothing else seem to remove
Clorox's Tilex Mold and Mildew spray...Apply and leave on for Ten minutes MAX then wash
off completely with water.

2. 3M's Finesse it II

http://www.westmarine.com/buy/3m--finesse-it-ii-finishing-material--P004_130_001_511

(You'll know when you need it.For Anti-Oxidation of Gel Coat.)
This is NOT a "Rubbing Compound".
'More equivalent to "Jeweler's Rouge"
Less abrasive than tooth paste.

3. 3M's Scotchguard Marine Liquid Wax
Black Bottle With PURPLE Label.

http://www.westmarine.com/buy/3m--scotchgard-marine-liquid-wax--P004_130_002_509

This Stuff is Scary Good!
It's actually a Polymer that Bonds to Whatever you apply it to.
GelCoat,Stainless,Marine Lexan Windshields,Glass.
BUT,You MUST GET THE SURFACE SURGICALLY CLEAN!!! First.
'Cause It will bond to and seal whatever Stain , Dirt , [censored]
you Do Not Remove from the Boat's Surfaces!!!
AND the Stuff's a Witch to get off if you Goof + don't clean
well enough before application.
Put it on in small sections, 2ft squares at the largest.
When you're finished buffing it out...Go Back and Apply a second coat.
THIS IS NOT EASY , A 23 ft. Center console inside and out will take
you a whole day,and you'll be too tired to take a shower afterwards.
BUT,the boat will look great for minimum of 18 months.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gwdriver
Donald- meant to reply to this thread earlier but have been busy burning up the pavement on my motorcycle. I use this cleaner exclusively on my Gulfstream. The original container dispenses to much product. Put it in a spray bottle. Wet the floor of your boat and then spray the entire area with the cleaner. Next get a boat deck brush or brush of your choosing, wet the bristles and scrub the cleaner. You don't need to scrub hard. Wait 5-10 min then rinse the cleaner out the back of the boat. Worse case scenario you may have to do this twice but the floor will be snow white. It also leaves a light teflon coating so future stains will be easier to remove. Fish blood, spilled drinks etc. easily rinse right off my deck.

I have tried it twice, maybe three times. Also hull cleaner, and FSR. Each time its maybe 25% better. Still not great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back