People are stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you heard about the "Fire Challenge" on Facebook? I guess the idea is to pour a flammable liquid on yourself, ignite it, and have friends take a video of the ensuing hilarity. Of course, severe burns aren't all that hilarious. So far, at least one teen is dead, and another is in the news with second and third degree burns on his chest and abdomen. The hospitalized teen says that he's really learned something from the experience. I guess he was unaware that fire is hot.

Sounds stupid, but then most of those FB games/challenges are.

(I never do any games/apps/challenges etc on FB. I just keep it mainly for interacting with friends, sharing pics, and the occasional share of an interesting article I come across...
I think I have disabled all invites to games and other apps.)

But its soooo cool when that video gets 2.3 million veiws.

Silly movies such as Jack @** encouraging kids to film dumb behavior.

Wow, didn't think it would get to that point.

Probably a spawn of the winter cold challenge where if you were challenged by a friend you we to jump in the snow in just your underwear. I thought that was pretty stupid, this is beyond dumb.

Darwin's phone is ringing off the hook.

Originally Posted By: itguy08
Survival of the fittest. The dumb don't make it...

Indeed. Someone should start the "stick your head under the deck of a running lawn mower" challenge to really thin out the herd.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
But its soooo cool when that video gets 2.3 million veiws.

This, unfortunately, is what drives them to do it. The corelation between the rise of social media and the rise of narcissism cannot be ignored.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd

This, unfortunately, is what drives them to do it. The corelation between the rise of social media and the rise of narcissism cannot be ignored.

Yeah and it started when we discouraged competition in children. Getting awards for just showing up and making everyone "special".

The sooner people realize there are winners, loosers, and those that are just average the better off society will be. Not everyone is built to rise to the top. I realized long ago I'm not and am content doing the best I can.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
As long as my tax dollars don't have to be spent on their rehab, I am all for it. We need the herds thinned out some.

LOL....yep unfortunately I would bet that some of these morons are receiving some form of our money.

The hospitalized teen says that he's really learned something from the experience. I guess he was unaware that fire is hot. [/quote]

LOL .....what can you say to this.....

Ron has it right.

61FGXJ8V75L._SX425_.jpg

Ok so I just searched youtube for fire challenge.......I wont post it here as it would be inappropriate. However if you are so inclined ......it is kinda interesting. The one video it looked like the mother might be assisting her son with setting himself on fire......awesome parenting!!

Originally Posted By: mcrn
bdcardinal said:
As long as my tax dollars don'rehab, I am all for it. We need the herds thinned out some.

absolutely.this story is my laugh of the day. the ones that do this -- you want them to die, for the above reasons, and BEFORE they reproduce more little stupid ones.natural selection is a good process.have a good night, all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back